If you are looking for some super Cheesy Beef Quesadillas, you’ve come to the right place! These Quesadillas are filled with well-seasoned ground beef, loaded with cheese, and have a crispy golden brown exterior! Every bite is filled with delicious flavor!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
This Quesadilla Recipe is a meal your whole family will enjoy! Serve it with Guacamole, Cheese Dip, Sour Cream, or any other of your favorite toppings! So easy to pile on different toppings and customize them to your liking! These are great to serve for dinner, lunch, or even an appetizer at a party!
Why Make These Cheesy Beef Quesadillas?
- Loaded With Your Favorite Toppings
- Made in 35 Minutes
- Easy Dinner Idea
- Simple Ingredients
- Great for Parties
Ground Beef – I used Extra Lean Ground Beef for these Quesadillas!
Seasonings – Chili Powder, Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper, Dried Oregano, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper
Pantry – Olive Oil, Tomato Paste, Unsalted Beef Stock, Vegetable Oil
Cheese – I used a combination of Shredded Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Pizza Mozzarella
Tortillas – I went with Flour Tortillas that are 7-8 Diameters in length!
Serving Options – Serve with Guacamole, Salsa, and Sour Cream
How to Make Cheesy Beef Quesadillas
This is a visual walk-through for readers. The full recipe can be found in the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
Begin by Pre-Heating the oven to 200 Degrees Fahrenheit to keep the Quesadillas warm while cooking batches. Then, heat Olive Oil in a Large Non-Stick Frying Pan over Medium-Heat. Add in the Ground Beef, Chili Powder, Chipotle Powder, Oregano, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper.
Cook while breaking the Ground Beef into small pieces and stirring occasionally until the Ground Beef is is fully cooked through.
Then, stir in the Tomato Paste and Beef Stock/Broth and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next, remove the Ground Beef from the pan and place into a bowl. Remove any excess grease. You’ll then distribute around 2 cups of Cheese among among all Tortillas (on one side of them).
Add Ground Beef on top of Cheese and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of Cheese on top of Ground Beef. Fold over each Tortilla so it’s a half-moon shape.
Cooking Instructions for Cheesy Beef Quesadillas:
To cook Quesadillas, heat about 2 tsp. of Vegetable Oil in a Large Non-Stick Frying Pan over Medium-Low Heat. Gently swirl the Oil around the pan to coat. Then, place two Quesadillas in the pan. Cook Quesadillas for about 2 minutes on one side.
Then, carefully flip the Quesadillas to the other side and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside and the Cheese is melted on the inside.
Finally, transfer the Cooked Quesadillas to a Sheet Pan and place into your Pre-Heated oven to keep warm while you are continuing to cook the remaining Quesadillas.
Repeat the process to cook the remaining Quesadillas.
Once done, cut each Quesadilla in half so you have 12 pieces and serve with Salsa, Cheese Dip, Guacamole, or Sour Cream! Enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try!
5 Ingredient Lazy Lasagna – The perfect Lasagna recipe for a busy weeknight! Made with just 5 Ingredients!
French Dip Crescent Rolls – Made in just 23 minutes and absolutely delicious! Such a fun twist on a classic French Dip!
Bacon Cheddar Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese – A quick and simple Grilled Cheese recipe!
- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Beef Stock/Broth
- 12 oz. Shredded Cheese Blend
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit (to keep quesadillas warm while cooking batches).
- Meanwhile, heat Olive Oil in a Large non-stick Frying Pan over Medium Heat. Add Ground Beef, Chili Powder, Chipotle Pepper, Oregano, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper. Cook, breaking the Ground Beef into small pieces and stirring occasionally, until the Ground Beef is fully cooked through (the Ground Beef should no longer be pink and be browned all the way through), about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in Tomato Paste and Beef Stock/Broth and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove Beef from the Pan and place into a bowl. If there is any excess grease, drain/remove.
- Distribute about 8 oz. (or 2 cups) of Cheese among all Tortillas (on one side of them).
- Distribute ground beef on top of cheese. Then sprinkle remaining 1 cup (or 4 ounces) of cheese on top of ground beef. Fold over each tortilla so it's a half-moon shape.
- To cook Quesadillas, heat about 2 teaspoons of Vegetable Oil in a Large non-stick Frying Pan over Medium-Low Heat. Gently swirl the Oil around the Pan to coat.
- Place two Quesadillas in the pan. Cook Quesadillas for about 2 minutes on one side.
- Carefully flip Quesadillas to the other side and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until they're golden brown and crispy on the outside and the Cheese is melted inside (carefully watch to ensure they don't burn). Transfer cooked Quesadillas to a Sheet Pan and place into your preheated oven to keep warm while you are continuing to cook the remaining Quesadillas.
- Repeat process to cook remaining Quesadillas.
- Once done, cut each half-moon (Quesadilla) in half so you have 12 pieces. Great served with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 772mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g