Shrimp Boil Foil Packs are an easy way to get your favorite seafood shrimp boil without the headache. Individually wrapped shrimp boil packets that you can grill up or bake in the oven.
Shrimp Boil Foil Packs
What I love about this shrimp boil recipe is the seasonings you use to add tons of flavor to your meats and veggies.
How To Make Shrimp Boil Packs
Step 1: You will pre-cook your potato and corn in a pot on the stove. You will want your potatoes to get softened so they fully cook.
Step 2: Add all your seasonings and items in a bowl toss with the melted butter and place into the foil packets as directed in the recipe card below.
Step 3: Cook on the grill or even in the oven. And once done open the packet and serve up!
Can I Add In Different Vegetables To Foil Packets
You are more than welcome to add in other vegetables to your foil packets. Mushrooms, green beans and more would work.
Just place your veggies in the mixture to stir up and toss in your packets.
How Do You Make A Foil Pack
You can make your foil packs as small or as large as you would like. I try to aim for a 12×12 size.
Then you will fill up part of the bottom and leave room to fold up the top so the packet is fully sealed.
You want it to in sense steam your ingredients, so having a tight seal is important.
What to Serve with Foil Packet Dinners
Essentially you can serve your foil packets as a meal in one or even pair with your favorite sides.
I love pairing with cornbread, dinner rolls, garlic bread, or even something like a coleslaw or cucumber and onions.
Feel free to pair with any or all your favorite sides.
- 1 Lb. of Shrimp, Peeled and De-Veined
- 2 Ears of Corn on the Cob
- 12 oz. Smoked Sausage
- 1 Lb. Baby Red or Yellow Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Celery Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Lemons (Optional for Topping)
- Bring a Large Stock Pot of water to a boil over High Heat
- Shuck Corn and cut each ear in 3 Pieces, then in half again lengthwise
- Cut Potatoes in Half
- Boil Potatoes and Corn in the Boiling Water for 10 minutes, then remove from boiling water and set aside
- In a Large Bowl combine Shrimp, Sausage, Corn, and Potatoes
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, celery salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, & minced garlic
- Pour melted butter mixture over the Shrimp mixture and stir everything together
- Divide shrimp mixture between 4-5 Large Pieces of Heavy Duty Foil
- Place another piece of foil on top of each package and roll the edges together
- Grill each foil packet over High Heat for 8-10 Minutes on each side or until the shrimp are fully cooked (They should be a light pink color)
- Serve topped with fresh squeezed lemon
Optional Cooking Method: You can also bake these in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Follow the directions for Steps 1 - 9. Place Foil Packets in the refrigerator until ready to grill or bake.
Cooking Instructions -
Grill each foil packet over High Heat for 8-10 Minutes on each side or until the shrimp are fully cooked (They should be a light pink color)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 769Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 352mgSodium: 2994mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 41g