Shrimp tacos are one of my favorites to whip up! A shrimp taco that is topped with a homemade slaw. If you are looking for a seafood recipe, try this shrimp taco recipe.
Grab some raw shrimp, taco shells, and seasonings and whip up these tacos for the whole family.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by making your slaw. You will whip it up and then set it aside. It is good to allow this set for a bit, then you could allow it to blend flavor.
Step 2: Next you will want to season your shrimp. Toss your shrimp in the season and then cook up on the stovetop until your shrimp is fully cooked.
Step 3: Once shrimp is cooked fully, assemble tacos and serve.
Can I Double This Recipe
Need to make a larger batch of shrimp tacos? Go ahead and double the recipe and then cook in batches or reach for a larger skillet. Then just serve up and enjoy.
This is a fantastic seafood recipe to make for serving a crowd. I have done this a handful of times and it is always a hit.
Just set up some of your favorite topping options to create a taco bar and let people pile up their tacos how they choose.
Can I Use Pre-Cooked Shrimp
If you use pre-cooked shrimp to make tacos, you won’t want to reheat the shrimp. You would want to eat the tacos cold.
The reason being is the shrimp would over-cook when you went to reheat. Leaving you with rubbery textured shrimp.
If you go to reheat cooked shrimp it will instantly begin overcooking it. I think these would taste fine if you ate them cold.
Feel free to even use flour tortillas in replace of corn taco shells if you want.
Interested In More Easy Dinner Recipes
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken And Rice | Here is a great Mexican chicken recipe. This is a good one to make when you want minimal prep and effort to go into dinner.
Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders | Dive into these sweet and savory slider sandwiches. A quick and easy weeknight dinner idea that you can throw together in five minutes.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken | Sheet Pan recipes are some of my favorites. This recipe is so easy, healthy, and loaded with flavor.
- 12 oz. Small, Peeled, Deveined, Tail-Off Shrimp, Thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 16 oz. Bag of Tri-Color Cole Slaw Salad Mix
- 3 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Package of Stand and Stuff Tacos
- In a medium bowl combine the Slaw Mix, Mayonnaise, Sugar, Lime Juice, Salt, Cayenne Pepper, and Cilantro.
- Mix all of the slaw ingredients together until well coated and set aside.
- Place your thawed and drained shrimp in a Large Bowl and sprinkle with Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cumin, Salt & Pepper.
- Toss everything together until the shrimp is well seasoned.
- In a large skillet heat the Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Shrimp to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is cooked (Should be a nice pink color with an internal temperature of 145°).
- While your Shrimp is cooking, heat your taco shells in the oven according to package directions.
- Fill your Taco Shells with the cooked shrimp and top with the Cole Slaw mixture before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 1414mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 19g