Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a dump and go chicken casserole that is full of flavor! Tender pasta, pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and more.
Here are a few more pasta recipes for you to check out. Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta, cheesy chicken rigatoni, and slow cooker Tuscan tortellini soup, or Cajun chicken pasta.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
If you are a fan of chicken parmesan you have to try this casserole. So simple to make, quick prep, and bakes perfectly in the oven.
What Pasta To Use
Feel free to use any pasta, I used Penne. But, reach for any smaller style pasta. I have done rigatoni, shells, elbows and it all works. Just cook the pasta according to the back of the box.
How to Make
If you are working with raw chicken make sure to cook your chicken fully. I baked mine in the oven. Now, you can grill or cook your chicken how you would like.
While your chicken is cooking, you will want to cook the pasta as directed on the back of the box.
Then you will take your pasta and pour the sauce into the bowl. Add in your diced or shredded chicken.
You will want to then pour part of the mixture into your greased baking dish. You will assemble your casserole and then top with more cheese.
Bake in the oven as directed.
What to Serve With Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Garlic Bread
- Steamed Vegetables
Serve alone or pair with any or all your favorite sides. Reach for a pre-packaged bag of lettuce. You can buy them on sale and enjoy.
Meal Prep For Lunches
If you want to meal prep go right ahead and save leftovers in your meal plan. I buy individual containers to make single serve containers and then you can reheat and enjoy.
These are great and the chicken parmesan pasta reheats really nice.
Can You Freeze Leftover Parmesan Chicken Pasta
You can freeze this pasta dish if you would like. The one thing to remember when freezing pasta is that you will find it softens once you go to reheat.
You can place in a proper freezer container, store for up to three months. Then reheat in the microwave or cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven.
Want more easy dinner meals
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This Dump and Go Chicken Parmesan Casserole is perfect for busy nights where you need something easy to throw together. Full of all the Italian flavors you love!
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cooked & Shredded
- 25 oz. Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 12 oz. Penne Pasta, Cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using uncooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken, Then shred with 2 forks or dice into bite-size pieces
- Cook Pasta according to package directions until Al Dente, Drain pasta from water when finished cooking
- Place Pasta, Marinara Sauce, and Chicken in a large bowl and stir everything together
- Layer Half of the Pasta Mixture in a 9x13 Baking Dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray
- Top with 1/2 of the Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese, then repeat the layers again
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1107mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 52g