Cheesy Taco Pizza Rolls are a super quick no fuss dinner idea that kids and adults will enjoy. Pizza crust that is stuffed full of seasoned taco meat, shredded cheese and all baked in a pizza crust and then dipped in salsa. These taco roll ups are a huge hit.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Taco Pizza Roll Ups Are
- Quick and Easy
- Minimal Ingredients Needed
- Kid Friendly Lunch or Dinner
- Freezer Friendly
- Budget Friendly
Ingredients Needed and Variations To Recipe
- Ground Beef – So I used ground beef but you can use any style of meat you want. Ground turkey, chicken, or even ground pork works great.
- Seasonings – We made our own seasoning mix but you can swap with a packet of taco seasoning if you would like.
- Cheese – I used a cheese blend but any shredded cheese works for the roll ups.
- Toppings – Butter, garlic powder and parsley are what you will use to brush the top of your pizza rolls. This adds a nice layer of flavor to the pizza crust.
- Salsa – This is what we used for dipping our pizza roll ups in. You could also swap with sour cream, guacamole, etc.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make these taco pizza roll ups are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk-through.
Step 1: Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet on the stove until no longer pink. Drain off the fat.
Step 2: Now add in the spices and cook to allow flavoring to season your ground beef. Mix well.
Step 3: Slice your pizza crust into rectangles like I did and place with meat, cheese, and then roll up as directed in recipe card.
Step 4: Brush with topping and bake directed, and serve with salsa, sour cream, or other dipping items.
Tips For Making Taco Roll Ups
- Make sure that when you fill you don’t overfill with meat, or it can become too large and won’t wrap well.
- When wrapping make sure all areas are covered in dough so the filling doesn’t leak out as it bakes.
- Brushing with butter and seasoning helps to flavor the pizza crust, giving you better flavor.
- You can use homemade dough or store bought dough found in the refrigerator section.
- Draining off grease will help as it will make sure the meat isn’t so greasy and sog up the pizza crust.
You can store your leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days. Warm up in the microwave or heat up in the oven!
For freezing: Let the roll ups cool a bit then freeze for 3-4 months. Then reheat by placing in the oven or microwave.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 Packages of Refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Salsa, + Extra for Dipping!
- 16 ounces Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/2 Stick Butter, Melted
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- In a large Skillet cook the ground beef over Medium High heat for 8-10 minutes until brown. Drain Fat and return to pan
- Add Water, Chili Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, and Cumin to the pan and cook over medium high heat until the water absorbs. About 7-8 minutes.
- Stir In Salsa and remove from heat.
- On a greased baking sheet spread out Pizza Dough and cut into 8 Pieces, Fill each piece with 1 oz. of Cheese and 1/16 of Ground Beef. Fold in sides and press together to seal, Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other package of dough!
- In a Small Bowl Combine Melted Butter, Garlic Powder and Parsley and stir together. Brush the melted butter mixture over the top of the pizza rolls.
- Bake in the oven at 425° F for 10-12 Minutes, Until Golden brown.
- Serve with additional Salsa for dipping!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g