Blackened Chicken Pasta is one easy and satisfying chicken and pasta recipe. Penne pasta, blackened chicken, in a Cajun flavored creamy sauce. The perfect dinner for any occasion.
If you are a fan of chicken, here are a few more easy chicken recipes. Slow Cooker white chicken corn chowder, chicken bacon ranch pasta, or oven-fried chicken.
Blackened Chicken Pasta
Have you ever eaten blackened chicken? It adds such richness and depth to the chicken. Then you add in the Cajun creamy sauce paired with Penne pasta, and it really makes this dish a comfort food.
How to Make Blackened Chicken Pasta
Start by pouring oil into your pan. Then you will add your chicken into the hot pan and season with a tablespoon on the Cajun seasoning.
Saute the chicken until it is fully cooked. You will want to cook your Penne pasta as directed on the back of the box, while your chicken is cooking as well.
In another pan, you will want to add your butter, cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the rest of the cajun seasoning. Cook over medium heating, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Now you can reduce heat and pour in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir until melted then pour over your cooked pasta, and top with the blackened chicken breasts!
Top with parmesan and tomatoes! Dive in and enjoy!
Meal Prep With Leftovers
Feel free to use your leftovers to meal prep for lunches or even quick dinners. Store in single serve containers in the fridge for up to three days.
Then pack as a lunch or pop in the microwave for a quick reheat. This is a tasty dish and reheats beautifully.
Looking For More Comforting Recipes
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets | If you like shrimp this is a must. Toss on grill or bake in the oven for a fun seafood boil.
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders | A great appetizer, lunch, or light dinner idea. So easy to make and cheesy!
- Baked Low Carb Chicken Parmesan | This baked recipe is so easy, light carb, and bursting with flavor.
Can You Freeze This Pasta Dish
Unfortunately due to the pasta having a dairy based sauce, it will not freeze and thaw that well. You will find it curdles a bit and the texture gets changed.
Blackened Chicken Pasta
Blackened Chicken Pasta is loaded with Cajun seasoning, creamy Parmesan cheese and Penne pasta. This dish is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 12 oz. Penne Pasta, Cooked
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Large Tomatoes, Diced & Seeded
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Shredded
- In a large skillet add 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil and your Chicken Breast strips. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of Cajun Seasoning while cooking. Sauté on medium high heat until cooked to an internal temperature of 165° - Set Aside.
- Cook Penne Pasta according to the package directions.
- In a separate pan combine Butter, Cream, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and the Remaining 1 tsp. of Cajun Seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat and add in 1/2 Cup of the Parmesan Cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over the cooked noodles and top with Chicken Breasts, remaining Parmesan Cheese and Tomatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 872Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 1048mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 47g