Chicken Corn Chowder is a simple and creamy chicken and corn chowder that is the perfect meal any day of the week. This slow cooker soup is creamy, cheesy, loaded with tender chicken, corn, and more.
Chicken Corn Chowder
If you have some boneless chicken breast, whip up this corn chicken chowder. This is a wonderful cold weather soup that you can make and serve and the whole family can enjoy.
How To Make
The full directions and the ingredient list is in the recipe card below, and you can print it out.
Step 1: Start by trimming your chicken. Then place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Pour over the chicken broth, beans, corn, green chilis, onion, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
Step 2: Once your mixture is all in the slow cooker mix it up a bit. Then cover and cook for 6-8 hours on high.
Step 3: When the chicken is fully cooked, remove, and shred with two forks or meat claws. Now place the chicken back into the slow cooker along with the cream cheese.
Step 4: Cover and cook another 30 minutes until the cream cheese is melted. Then stir well and serve with your favorite toppings!
What To Top This Slow Cooker Chowder With
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Splash of Hot Sauce
Storing Leftover Soup
If you have leftover soup, grab an airtight container and store in the fridge. Just make sure that you make sure the soup if covered with a lid or foil.
Want Even More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Pot Pie Ring | Here is a great pot pie ring that you have to try. This is a great appetizer or fun weeknight dinner that kids and adults will enjoy eating.
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets | Here is a seafood dinner that you can create single-serve foil packets for the whole family to devour.
- Stuffed Peppers | Serve up stuffed peppers for dinner tonight. Dinner in one hearty dish that is loaded with meat, tender pepper, and cheese.
- Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni Crockpot Recipe | Grab this soup and whip it up today for a nice pasta and chicken dinner. This is a crockpot recipe for easy prep and cooking.
What to Serve With This Chowder
We tend to eat this alone, but you can do rolls, bread, tortilla chips and more. Feel free to even whip up a sandwich to pair next to the soup. Get creative or do a meal in one.
- 2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 32 oz. Container of Chicken Broth
- 1 15 oz. Can of White Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 15 oz. Can of Whole Kernel Corn, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Medium Purple Onion, Diced
- 1 4.5 oz. Can of Green Chiles
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Diced *(Room Temperature)
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese (Optional for topping)
- 1 Avocado (Optional for topping)
- 4 oz. Sour Cream (Optional for topping)
- Trim any fat off the Chicken Breasts & Place the Chicken Breast in the bottom of a 6 Qt. Slow Cooker
- Top with Chicken Broth, White Beans, Corn, Onion, Green Chiles, Chili Powder, Salt & Pepper
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on high
- Remove Chicken Breast from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks then return the chicken to the slow cooker
- Cut the Cream Cheese into 1" Cubes, then add to the slow cooker and stir
- Cover and cook another 30 minutes until cream cheese is melted
- Serve topped with Cheese, Salsa, Avocado, and Sour Cream
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 1299mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 53g