Cheeseburger Soup brings you all the rich and savory flavors of a cheeseburger in a hearty soup! Ground beef, onions, bacon, cheese and more all in one comforting bowl of soup.
We eat a lot of ground beef, so I am always hunting for new ways to change things up. When fall arrives and the weather begins to get colder, soups are always in rotation.
What to Serve With Cheeseburger Soup
Essentially you can serve this as a meal in one, or pair with your favorite sides. A lot of the times I do a veggie try to go next to it to help lighten it up a little bit.
- Crusty bread for dipping
- Crisp veggies and dip on the side
- Use chips or crackers to dip
Can I Use Ground Turkey In Replace of Beef
Go right ahead and swap out the ground beef with ground turkey if you would prefer. I prefer the flavor of beef but you can easily swap it out for turkey if you want a leaner meat.
What Is The Best Cheese To Use
Buy block cheese that you shred yourself. Buy a cheese grater, and then use your arms and shred up a block of cheese.
You will find bagged cheese has extra starches on the cheese to help prevent the cheese from sticking. So it will alter the texture of the cheese in your soup. So I highly recommend buying block cheese that you shred.
Topping Ideas For Soup
- Sliced Green Onions or Diced Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Crumbles
Think about the condiments you put on cheeseburgers and consider trying it on this soup. I also love crackers in this soup, it adds even more flavor.
Can You Freeze Leftover Soup
Due to the dairy products in the soup you will find if you freeze and thaw it becomes curdled a bit in texture. I recommend not freezing this soup, unfortunately.
You can cut down the recipe to make only what you plan to eat. It will store for around 3 days in the fridge.
Does This Recipe Double Well
Grab a large enough pot and whip up a double batch of this hearty soup. Great for serving a crowd or large families! This soup doubles nicely.
You just need a large enough pan to hold a double batch. I have made this for birthday party meals, guests coming over, and more. It is always a hit and we just sit out toppings and let everyone dress up their own bowl of soup.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Milk
- 10.5 oz. Can Cream of Bacon Soup
- 10.5 oz. Can of Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 3.5 oz. Real Bacon Bits (Save some for topping)
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, Freshly Shredded
- In a Large Skillet cook Ground Beef & Onion over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is browned.
- Drain Fat from the Beef and return to skillet.
- Add in Milk, Cream of Bacon Soup, Cheddar Cheese Soup, Black Pepper, Minced Garlic, and Onion Powder.
- Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce to medium heat and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in Bacon Bits and Cheese (Saving 1/3 to 1/2 of each for optional toppings).
- Top with additional bacon and cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 855Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 222mgSodium: 1154mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 54g