Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni is a satisfying dinner idea to make for your family. Tender chicken, tons of cheese, pasta, all in one satisfying dish.
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes? Try my slow cooker ham and beans, potato soup, minestrone soup, or even these 25 slow cooker recipes.
Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni
This chicken rigatoni is great for making for a potluck, weeknight dinner, and more. Kid friendly and loads of creaminess in every bite.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by mixing your cream of chicken soups with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, and 1/2 cup of broth. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step 2: Lay chicken breast on top of the mixture, and cover with lid. Cook on high 4-6 hours.
Step 3: Once cooked remove chicken, and shred. Then add sour cream, and part of the cheese to slow cooker. Mix well, and add in shredded chicken.
Step 4: Cook your pasta according to the package and drain off water. Pour cooked, drained pasta in slow cooker and stir. Top with remaining cheese and cook for 20 minutes, and then serve.
Full directions and measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
What to Serve With Rigatoni
- Pair with a green salad with an Italian dressing or something light to help lighten up the dish.
- Make some homemade rolls or sliced bread to pair next to the chicken pasta. Great for soaking up the cheesy sauce left on your plate.
- Roasted or steamed vegetables are another great option. Helps lighten up the dish and ensures you have a rainbow of food in your meal.
If you happen to have some leftover, you can easily transfer into a storage container and store in the fridge. Meal prep for each lunch or dinners to just warm up and eat.
I find this stays good for around 3 days in the fridge when you store it properly. Always use your best judgement in terms of quality. When in doubt throw it out.
Does This Freeze Well
Due to the cheese products and pasta, you will find the texture is different once you thaw it from being frozen. Unfortunately, I do not recommend freezing.
If you want to try and see for yourself you can. Pasta tends to sog up a bit and the cheesy mixture will separate a bit.
Could I Add Vegetables Into Mixture
You very well could add in some broccoli or even a mixed vegetable into your chicken rigatoni. Just drain juice if you are using canned.
Or toss in fresh or frozen broccoli or mixed vegetables. I would do it the last hour of cooking so it doesn’t sog up too much.
Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni
This Easy Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni Pasta dish is one of our family favorites. The cheesy pasta base is kid-friendly and perfect for taking to a pot-luck or serving for dinner.
- 1 Lb. Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 - 10.5 oz. Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup (I use low sodium)
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a 6-Quart Slow Cooker combine both cans of Cream of Chicken Soup (Do not add any water), Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion and the Chicken Broth and stir together until well mixed
- Place the Chicken Breast on top of the Sauce and cover with the lid
- Cook on High for 4-6 Hours
- Remove Chicken Breasts from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks
- Add the Sour Cream and 1/2 of the Cheese to the slow cooker and stir until well mixed
- Return the Chicken to the slow cooker and stir everything together
- Cook the Pasta according to the package directions and drain the water off
- Add the drained Pasta to the slow cooker and mix well
- Top with the remaining cheese and cook another 20 minutes uncovered until the cheese melts
Prep Ahead Instructions -
In a large Ziploc bag combine the Chicken Breast, Cream of Chicken Soup, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion and Chicken Broth. Seal the bag tightly and mix everything together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Cooking Instructions -
Place the contents of the Ziploc bag in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Remove Chicken Breast and shred with 2 forks. Add in Sour Cream, 1/2 of the Cheese and stir in Shredded Chicken Breast. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Add in cooked pasta, and top with remaining cheese. Cook another 30 minutes on high.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 1075mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 43g