Low carb chili is a filling and delicious bean-free chili recipe. Loaded with meat and chili spices, you can serve this up for dinner for a guiltless healthy dinner idea.
Low Carb Chili
If you love easy dinners, I have a few more recipes for you to try out. Give this low carb roast, fajita chicken casserole, or try this grilled chicken taco salad dish.
This is a fun dinner that you can pile on any of your favorite toppings. A dollop of sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, etc.
Why To Try This Recipe
- Loaded with meat for extra protein
- Tons of flavor
- Easy to Cook
- Family approved
- Top with your favorite toppings to customize
How To Make Low Carb Chili
Start by taking a large Dutch oven or pot and add olive oil into the pot. Add in your onions and ground beef and cook on medium heat. You want to chop your meat and cook until no longer pink.
Once your meat is cooked drained the fat off. Then add in your tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt and pepper.
Bring mixture to a boil then simmer 30-45 minutes to lock in all the flavors!
Topping Ideas For Chili
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Avocado Slices
- Green Onions
- Shredded Cheese
- Splash of pickle juice (it is so good!)
- Feel free to use ground beef, turkey or even a ground chicken for this chili.
- If you don’t want to measure out all the spices reach for a chili pack seasoning you all enjoy.
- Get creative and add two types of meat to change up the flavor a bit.
- Go ahead and make as much or as little of this easy chili to serve yourself and the family.
- This chili does freeze well so save back what you don’t plan to eat.
- The chili reheats really well, so use to meal prep for lunches, dinner, etc.
How to Store Leftovers
If you don’t plan to eat it all right away, store in containers in the fridge for a reheat and enjoy meal. Or opt to place your leftovers in the freezer. If you do the freezer make sure to do an airtight container or freezer bag.
The chili will freeze for up to three months when stored properly. You can reheat from frozen or place in the fridge to thaw overnight for a slow reheat on the stove or microwave.
Low Carb Chili
If you're looking for a Low Carb Chili Recipe, this is a good one to try because it has amazing flavors.
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 -15 oz. Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded and Diced
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (8 oz. bag)
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Optional)
- In a Large Stock Pot or Dutch Oven heat olive oil.
- Add in Onion and Cook on Medium Heat for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts turning clear.
- Add in Ground Beef and cook over Medium-High heat until browned. Stir frequently.
- Drain Fat off of Ground Beef and Return to Pot.
- Add in Garlic, Tomatoes, Jalapeno, Chili Powder, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Onion Powder, Salt & Pepper.
- Stir and Mix Well. Bring to a boil then reduce to a Simmer.
- Simmer on low for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with Cheese, Sour Cream and Green Onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 672mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g