Sausage Tortellini Soup is a total comfort meal! Loaded with Italian Sausage, cheese tortellini, veggies, in a savory broth. You can make this soup on the stovetop or even in your slow cooker.
Sausage Tortellini Soup
Italian sausage tortellini soup is my go-to when I have fresh tortellini on hand. It pairs perfectly and is so savory and comforting. Plus this recipe is great for meal prepping for the week.
Meal Prepping With Soup
You can use this soup to meal prep for the week on easy lunches or even a dinner idea. Or toss leftovers in your freezer to prep for meals down the line.
The pasta will become a bit soggier once it is thawed from being frozen, but it will still taste incredible!
Italian Sausage | Italian Sausage is a key ingredient in this soup recipe. It adds bold flavor in every single bite. Pair with all the veggies and broth and it is just incredible.
Cheese Filled Tortellini | Reach for the tortellini in the refrigerator section at the store. Fresh tortellini over the dried or frozen will really amplify the flavors. I will never buy dried again after trying fresh.
Vegetables and Spices | All the fresh vegetables paired with the spices are going to really bring the soup together. It takes just a few minutes to chop and prep veggies to toss into the soup.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by cooking your raw Italian sausage in your pot or skillet. Chop up and cook until no longer pink.
Step 2: Now you will toss in your fresh vegetables, tomatoes, spices, followed by your stock.
Step 3: You will bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat and let cook 15-20 minutes to help blend all the flavors. Stir occasionally as it heats on the stove.
Step 4: Once it has simmered, you will then pour in your fresh tortellini. Cook for another 5-10 minutes and then serve with parmesan cheese on top.
What To Serve With Soup
- Italian Bread
- Half a grilled sandwich
You can honestly eat this soup as a meal in one or pair with your favorite side dishes.
- 1 Lb. Ground Italian Sausage, Cooked
- 19 oz. Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 1/2 lb. Baby Carrots, Diced
- 1 Purple Onion, Diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Washed & Diced
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 2 -15 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 - 8 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 oz, Fresh Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Cook the Italian Sausage in a Large Skillet over medium-high heat and drain the fat before returning to the pan
- In a large stock pot add the Italian Sausage, Carrots, Onion, Celery, Chicken Broth, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper
- Bring the soup mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Add in the Tortellini and cook another 7-9 minutes
- Serve topped with freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
Slow Cooker Method: Place the cooked Italian Sausage and all remaining ingredients except for the tortellini in a slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours. Add in Tortellini and cook another 30 minutes on high until Tortellini is tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 707Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 2418mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 36g