Parmesan baked chicken is a simple and delicious baked chicken parmesan that takes just 6 ingredients to make. Whip this up for a simple and satisfying dinner the whole family can enjoy.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
This is a simple and easy dinner that you can throw together and toss in the oven and tackle chores around the home as it bakes. A truly easy chicken recipe that practically cooks itself.
This Parmesan Baked Chicken Recipe Is…
- Easy Prep
- Simple Ingredients
- Gluten Free
- Oven Baked
- One Dish Recipe
Ingredients For Recipe
Boneless Chicken – You will need boneless chicken for this recipe. I used chicken breast but you are welcome to use boneless chicken thighs or anything else.
Mayonnaise – Any brand of mayo works, I have not tried Miracle Whip so I can’t say if it will work or not. Feel free to try if that is what you prefer.
Parmesan – I recommend using freshly grated parmesan for this recipe. It is going to offer you the best texture, and will give your chicken a cheesy texture unlike the powder parmesan.
Seasonings – Salt, pepper, and garlic powder are what I used for flavoring the chicken. Simple and easy but feel free to change up the ingredients you use to flavor.
Parsley – Parsley is optional but it adds some presentation value and a bit of flavor to the chicken. This is up to you if you choose to add it on or not.
How to Make
Full directions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk-through on how to make the parmesan baked chicken, with images to help see exactly how to make the dish.
Take your pan and spray with a cooking spray and then place your chicken breast in the pan in a single layer. Depending now many breasts you cook will depend on how large of a pan you need.
Add the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well and spread all over the chicken making sure it is fully covered.
Bake in the oven as directed until the chicken is fully cooked. When the chicken reads 165 degrees remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes then dish up and serve.
Variations To Recipe
- Skip the parmesan if you don’t want a cheesy texture.
- Add in a splash of hot sauce for a kick of flavor.
- You can use bone in chicken you will just need to bake the chicken longer, as bone-in chicken takes a lot longer to bake.
- Top with some breadcrumbs you mix with a little melted butter for a nice crunchy factor.
What to Serve With This Baked Chicken Recipe
- Steamed, roasted, or sauted vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes
- Pasta or Rice
Looking for More Recipes
If you are on the hunt for easy and satisfying meals give one or more of these recipes here a go. I aim to create family friendly meals that kids and adults will both enjoy.
- BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Taco Pizza Rolls
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipes
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- In a small bowl combine the Mayonnaise, 1/2 of the Parmesan Cheese, Seasoned Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder. Stir everything together.
- Lay Chicken Pieces on a Greased 9x13 Baking Dish and spread the Sauce mixture over the top of the chicken pieces.
- Top with remaining 1/2 of the Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 375° F. or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 661Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 1534mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 58g