Chili Lime Steak Kabobs are a delicious and easy steak and vegetable kabob to toss on the grill. A homemade chili-lime rub to season your beef. Zucchini, red onions come together and compliment the dish perfectly.
Serve your kabobs up with a side of rice or cauliflower rice. Or if you want eat it alone or pair with a green salad, more vegetables, etc.
Chili Lime Steak Kabobs
Steak kabobs are always a tasty dinner idea. Add in the chili-lime spices and it elevates the flavor of this stew meat. You can also slice up steak and use that as well if you want.
This Recipe Is..
- Simple ingredients and spices used
- Great recipe for beef stew meat
- Gluten free
- Homemade spice blend
- Great grilling recipe for summer and spring
- Steak or Stew Meat
- Red Onions
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Lime Juice
How to Make Steak Kabobs
- Toss meat, oil and spices in a sealable bag. Massage it around to let it marinade in the fridge.
- When you are ready for grilling, remove meat.
- Add meat and diced vegetables to skewers alternating the ingredients you place on the skewer.
- Sear on the grill as directed in the recipe card below.
Storage Of Leftovers
If you don’t eat all your kabobs remove the meat and veggies from the skewers. Then you can store in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat and enjoy. You can pair with a side of rice, quinoa, etc.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap steak with chicken or even pork.
- Use different vegetables in replace of the zucchini and onion.
- You can use a store bought spice rub to swap out the flavor of the dish.
- Consider adding some shrimp onto the kabobs as well.
What To Serve With Steak Skewers
Rice, corn salsa, quinoa, etc. are all great options. Or you can do something light like a wedge salad. It is up to you what you would like to use.
How to Prevent Wooden Skewers From Burning When Grilling
Soak your wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before you add your meat and vegetables. This is important otherwise, you will find your skewers burn up on the grill.
You can also use metal skewers if you would like.
More Dinner Ideas
- 2 lbs. Beef Stew Meat or Steak Meat cut in Small Pieces
- 2 Zucchini, Sliced in half lengthwise , then 1/2" Slices
- 1 Large Purple Onion, Quartered
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Place Beef Stew Meat into a Large Ziploc Bag.
- Add in Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper, and Lime Juice.
- Seal bag and mix everything together. Let Steak Sit for 15-20 minutes.
- If using Wooden Skewers Soak them in a Sink Full of Water.
- Place Meat, sliced Zucchini, and quartered Onions on the Skewers, rotating between items.
- Grill Skewers on High Heat for 8-10 minutes until meat is completely cooked and Zucchini is tender.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Place Beef Stew Meat into a Large Ziploc Bag. Add in Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Salt, Pepper, and Lime Juice. Seal bag and mix everything together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Cooking Instructions -
Cut Onion and Zucchini and then Place Meat, sliced Zucchini, and quartered Onions on the Skewers, rotating between items. Grill Skewers on High Heat for 8-10 minutes until meat is completely cooked and Zucchini is tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 750Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 65g