Whip up this steak fajita bowl for your weeknight dinner. Tender seasoned steak, peppers, onions and more all in one dish. Pair with some cauliflower rice for a low carb option, or classic white rice.
A simple and delicious dinner the whole family can enjoy. This is a great slow cooker steak recipe to make over and over again.
Steak Fajita Bowls
If you have steak on hand this is a great recipe to toss in and let cook as you head out for the day. Come home to dinner that you can pile on with your favorite toppings.
Cheese, dollop of sour cream, avocado, etc.
How to Make Steak Fajita Bowls
Full measurements and ingredients are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by adding your tomatoes and green chilis in the slow cooker. Top with your sliced steaks.
Now in a small bowl mix up your dry ingredients and sprinkle it all over the steak. Then you will top with onions and peppers.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Or if you want do 3-4 hours on high.
Then you will cook up your cauliflower rice right before serving, and place in bowl, top with meat and peppers and onions.
Top with lettuce, sour cream, cheese, etc.
Variations to Fajita Recipe
- You can use store-bought fajita seasoning if you do not want to make your own.
- Consider tossing in mushrooms or even tomatoes for added vegetables in the dish.
- You could also swap the steak with chicken in the recipe if you want a change of protein.
- Drizzle with some fresh lime juice
Interested In More Easy Recipes
Meal Prep And Storage
If you are a meal prepper go right ahead and use the leftovers to meal prep. Toss your rice or cauli-rice in a storage container. Pair with the meat and vegetables.
Store in the fridge for up to three days. Then reheat in the microwave or toss back in a skillet.
Best Steak to Use For This Slow Cooker Recipe
Honestly, you can use any of your favorite cuts of steak for this recipe. Because it is slow cooked, even cheaper cuts of meat that tend to be tougher can be used.
Just make to thinly slice up your steak for bite size pieces. It will also help the steak cook up nice and tender.
- 1 1/2 lbs. of Flank Steak Sliced Thinly
- 1 - 10 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 2 Large Bell Peppers (I prefer Red or Yellow)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Jar of Salsa
- 1/2 Head of Lettuce
- 1 Bag of Riced Cauliflower (10-12 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Medium Lime
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- Pour Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with Sliced Steak.
- In a bowl combine Seasonings and mix well. Sprinkle seasoning over steak.
- Top with Bell Peppers and Onion.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- In a Large Skillet, melt Butter and then add the Cauliflower Rice. Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- Cook on Medium-High Heat for about 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and add in finely Chopped Cilantro and Lime. Mix well.
- Serve Rice with Fajita Meat and top with Cheese, Lettuce, Sour Cream, Avocado and Salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 1006mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g