Egg burritos are the ultimate way to kickstart the day. This egg burrito recipe is great to whip up for breakfast during the week or to stock your freezer! A freezer friendly breakfast burrito.
I love making burritos for breakfast then just zapping in the microwave for a quick grab and breakfast for the family.
If you want a protein packed egg recipe t s is great. If you prefer lower carb reach for some low carb tortillas for wrapping.
How do you wrap an egg burrito?
To wrap a burrito lay your tortilla on the counter. Add filling to the center of burrito. Then just roll tightly to ensure it stays together. Some will fold the edges in, that is up to you if you opt to do that.
Lay the flap side of your breakfast burrito down or it can unravel.
Egg burritos can be very versatile. Do simple eggs, add in cheese and vegetables, meats, etc.
Get creative and add in any or all your favorite mix-ins. I tend to make a mix of burritos so we have variety.
Variety of Mix in Ingredients
- Cooked bacon
- Canadian bacon
Fridge | These burritos will need to be stored in the refrigerator if you don’t plan to eat them all right away.
I like to wrap the burritos in aluminum foil then place in a gallon size bag.
Freezer | Allow your burritos to cool a bit then wrap in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. I wrap each burrito separate so you can grab and eat however many you want.
The best way to reheat your egg burritos is in the microwave or even the oven. You will want to just heat them until warmed through.
You can also heat your breakfast burritos from frozen in the microwave. This is a great grab and reheat breakfast you can serve up your family.
Are Breakfast Burritos Healthy
Generally breakfast burritos are not the healthiest option for breakfast. While they are loaded with protein you also carry carbs and such.
- You can reach for low carb tortillas to help lessen carb count.
- Consider adding more vegetables into the mix.
- Reach for egg whites only in replace of full eggs.
- Do a low fat cheese if you want a cheesy burrito.
Or feel free to make adjustments as you feel fit. Just know that they are adaptable. But also absolutely delicious just as the recipe is!
What to Serve with Breakfast Burritos
If you are looking to pair your burritos with other breakfast foods here are some ideas. Do a side of fruit, fruit salad,
Or if you are doing a brunch style pair with some breakfast potatoes, yogurt, etc.
More Recipes To Try
If you love having breakfast for dinner, this Egg Burrito Recipe is a tasty option!! The perfect way to jumpstart your morning.
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- Green Pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 - 8-inch flour tortillas
- Cook Sausage, Onions, and Green peppers. Drain off grease and set aside in the pan.
- Crack Eggs and Beat with a whisk until blended well.
- Add Eggs, Salt, and Pepper (to taste) to the sausage in the skillet and stir frequently to blend with meat and vegetables.
- When Eggs are cooked, remove from the stovetop.
- Microwave tortillas to soften just a little. Add egg mixture to the center of each Tortilla and top with Shredded Cheese. Roll up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 423mgSodium: 983mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g