Chicken casseroles are always welcome in our home. If you have a craving for tortellini you have to give this chicken enchilada tortellini bake a try. Pre-cooked chicken, refrigerated tortellini, Rotel, Enchilada sauce and more come together for a delicious chicken bake.
Chicken Enchilada Tortellini Bake
Sometimes I struggle with what to make for dinner. If that is you, here is a new recipe to add into the mix. Basic pantry essentials, so you can toss it together and bake for a hands-off dinner.
What Is The Best Tortellini To Use
There are all types of tortellini you can buy. I prefer to head to the store and buy the refrigerated tortellini that is filled with cheese.
You can use frozen tortellini as well. I just find the fresh cheese filled tortellini is the best.
What If I Don’t Have Pre-Cooked Chicken On Hand
If you don’t have any pre-cooked chicken go right ahead and cook up your chicken in a skillet. Or if you own a pressure cooker cook chicken that way. Then you can shred or dice your chicken and use in recipes like this.
I also love buying rotisserie chickens and shredding the meat and using for recipes like this.
If you do batch cook chicken, just place in bags or containers and freeze for meals down the line. I love buying bulk chicken, prepping it up, and then freezing later.
Best Way To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover enchilada pasta simply place in a proper container and store in the fridge a few days. Or you can toss in the freezer for meals down the line.
Then one thing with reheating frozen pasta is it will offer a softer texture but still taste really good.
Here are more chicken dinner recipes
Homemade Enchilada Sauce VS Store Bought
If you are unsure should you make homemade enchilada sauce or buy canned, it is up to you. I bought a classic red sauce and it worked great in this recipe.
I wanted to create a casserole that you can literally mix it together in minutes. Whereas if you made homemade it would add to the prep time.
So pick whichever method works best for you and your family.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken, Cooked (Grilled or Rotisserie)
- 2 - 9 oz. Packages of Refrigerated Tortellini
- 1 - 14.5 oz. Can of Rotel
- 1 - 15 oz. Can of Enchilada Sauce
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Start by pre-cooking the Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using uncooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken
- Cook the Tortellini according to the package directions in a large pot.
- In a blender combine the Enchilada Sauce and Rotel and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Strain water from the cooked tortellini
- Add the Tortellini, Chicken, & Sauce to the pot and mix well.
- Pour Tortellini mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish or lasagna pan.
- Top with Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 15-20 minutes until cheese is starting to brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 772Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1675mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 54g