Loaded sweet potato fries are one of my favorite quick recipes to whip up. These sweet potato fries can be an appetizer or dinner recipe. Crispy sweet potato fries piled with shredded cheese, chicken, black beans and more.
Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe here is a great leftover chicken recipe, that you can toss together in no time. Grab some frozen sweet potato fries and whip up this appetizer, snack, or dinner. Try these loaded nacho fries as well!
Best Sweet Potato Fries To Use
Honestly, you can use any sweet potato fry you have. I like to reach for the classic sweet potato fries. You can use waffle fries, string fries, etc.
Just cook the fries as directed on the package. Or if you want to make homemade fries you are more than welcome to do that.
How to Make Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
- Start by cooking your sweet potato French fries in the oven as directed in the printable recipe card below.
- While the fries are cooking, grill your chicken. Or if you are using pre-cooked chicken skip this step.
- Remove the fries from the oven, top with the cooked chicken, black beans, and cheese.
- Return to oven to cook and melt all the cheese.
- Once ready top with sour cream, lime juice, etc.
The full directions and measurements for the recipe are in the recipe card below.
Topping Ideas For Sweet Potato Loaded Fries
- Sour cream
- Lime Juice
- Salsa Pico De Gallo
Variations To Recipe
Meat | Consider swapping out the chicken and add in the leftover roast, bbq pulled pork, ground beef, etc. Any cooked meat could add tons of flavor.
Toppings | Swap out the toppings for whatever you would like. Guacamole or avocado, bbq sauce, red onions, etc.
Do These Loaded Fries Store Well
The fries do not store well, as they will soften once they are in the fridge. Only make what you plan to eat, otherwise the fries will sog up with all the toppings on them.
Make Meatless Loaded Fries
If you want a vegetarian option, leave the meat off. If you are vegan you can swap the dairy ingreidents with a vegan alternative.
This recipe is highly adaptable so have fun and get creative. You can even raid your fridge to use up items that need to be eaten before expiring.
More Dinner Inspiration
- 1 Lb. Chicken Breast, Cooked & Chopped (Or substitute Any Meat You like!)
- 1 20 oz. Bag of Sweet Potato Fries
- 8 oz. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (Or Pepper Jack)
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Bunch Green Onions
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Salsa
- 1 Jalapeno, Sliced
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Place your Sweet Potato Fries on the baking sheet in a flat layer
- Bake Sweet Potato Fries in the oven at 425° for 20 minutes
- While your sweet potato fries are baking, Grill your Chicken in a pan if using un-cooked chicken. I like to use a little olive oil and salt and pepper. When cooked completely chop your chicken into bite size pieces or shred with 2 forks.
- Remove Sweet Potato Fries from the oven, Move all Fries together on the pan into the center or transfer into a smaller baking dish and top with Chicken, Black Beans, and Cheese
- Bake another 15 Minutes in the oven until cheese starts to brown slightly
- Remove from oven and top with Sour Cream, Salsa, Jalapeno and Green Onions!
Optional Toppings: I like to use leftover or pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. You can also use leftover steak, bacon, pork, or BBQ meat that you might have on hand!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 885Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 908mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 7gSugar: 11gProtein: 54g