Oven Fried Chicken is a fried chicken recipe that is prepared in the oven. Skip the pan and oil, and whip up this oven-fried chicken recipe.
Love easy dinners that the whole family can enjoy? I do, so I have a few more recipes to check out. Chicken pot pie ring, shrimp boil foil packets, or try my sweet pineapple smoothie.
Oven Fried Chicken
A battered chicken that cooks up perfectly, and is great to serve with all your favorite fixings.
Do You Use Flour For An Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
Yes! You will use oil. It is a healthier option than say pan frying your chicken. But it still gets a nice little crust on the chicken, so it satisfies you like traditional fried chicken would.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by preparing your baking sheet with cooking spray. Then you will toss all your flour and spices in a sealable bag.
Step 2: Next you will add in your chicken. Close the lid and shake it around evenly coating the chicken.
Step 3: Place your chicken on a greased pan and bake in the oven as directed. Halfway through you will flip your chicken for an even cook.
See how easy it is to make this oven fried chicken!
How to Know When Chicken Is Done
You will want to use a meat thermometer for checking your chicken. You want your chicken to read at least 165 degrees.
Just make sure when you go to check chicken that has a bone that you do not touch the bone, or it will give a false reading.
You will also find if you slice into your chicken that there is no more pink on the flesh. Also the juices will run clear instead of milky looky.
What To Serve With Fried Chicken
Truly you can serve this fried chicken with essentially anything. I loved making it with our traditional sides. I will list some ideas for you below to consider.
- Dinner Rolls
- Broccoli or other vegetables
- Mashed potatoes or Cauliflower Mash
- Potato Salad
- Corn on the Cob
Here Are More Chicken Recipes
- Crack Chicken Sliders | Cream cheese, ranch, and more come together in an easy chicken slider recipe.
- Crockpot Chicken Rigatoni | Here is a great crockpot recipe that takes no time to prep. Come home to a refreshing dinner.
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos | Save back your rotisserie chicken and use it to make easy chicken tacos for the whole family.
Can I Double This Recipe
If you want to meal prep or serve a larger crowd, feel free to make a double batch. Just ensure there is space between each piece of chicken so you get an even cook.
If need be you can do multiple pans or if your oven is not large enough then batch cook the chicken.
Easy Oven Fried Chicken
This Quick and Easy Oven Fried Chicken only takes a few minutes to throw together and then it's in the oven baking to perfection. Serve with Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob and all your southern favorites!
- 3 Lbs. Chicken Thighs (With the Skin Still on them)
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Spray a 9x13 Metal or Cast Iron Pan with Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large Ziploc bag combine the Flour, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
- Seal the bag and shake to mix everything together
- Add in Chicken pieces and seal bag, shake to coat everything evenly
- Remove the Chicken from the bag and place on the greased baking sheet or pan
- Bake at 425 Degrees for 30 Minutes, Remove from oven and turn the chicken over, place back in the oven and bake another 30 Minutes.
- Place a paper towel on a large plate. Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer the chicken to the paper towel to cool
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 1560mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 60g