Mongolian Steak Skewers is an easy and quick dinner that you can whip up on the grill. Tender juicy steak with a rich Asian flair. These are the best steak skewers to make. Pair with rice, quinoa, and more.
Mongolian Steak Skewers
I had some sirloin steak in the fridge and I wanted to cook up something besides just basic steaks on the grill.
How to Make Mongolian Steak Skewers
Full instructions and recipe is in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Start by prepping your steak, onions in 1-inch pieces. It is important to cut the same size so that you get an even cook on your skewers.
Otherwise you will find the food will not cook evenly and you will run into meat overdone and underdone.
Step 2: Add your steak, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, brown sugar in a sealable bag. This is going to be your Asian steak marinade.
Step 3: You need to seal the bag and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Or you can allow it to marinate overnight for stronger flavor.
Step 5: Turn your grill to 350 degrees, and allow it to preheat. You will then add your meat and onions on the wooden skewers. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the steak reaches 150 degrees or higher.
You can cook the steak to your preference of doneness.
What to Serve With The Skewers
- White or Brown Rice
- Green Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
Truly you can pair this dish with any of your favorite sides. Give it a try and let me know what you prefer as your side. We tend to do rice and then steamed broccoli.
Want More Dinner Ideas To Try Out
- Teriyaki Salmon | Here is a wonderful recipe for you to try out. This is a salmon filet that has a nice teriyaki sauce.
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli | I love this easy weeknight dinner recipe. Whip it up and serve it to your family or friends.
- Cheesy Taco Bake | Give this taco bake a try, and let me know how you enjoy it. A fun tex-mex dinner that is loaded with flavor.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Sirloin Steak
- 1 Red Onion, Cut in Quarters
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Minced Ginger
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Optional)
- Start by slicing the Red Onion into Quarters and Cutting your Steak Meat into 1" Cubes
- Place Steak Pieces in a Gallon Size Ziploc Bag and add Soy Sauce, Minced Garlic, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil, Brown Sugar & Minced Garlic
- Seal the bag and mix everything together. Set aside for 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight until ready to cook
- Remove the meat from your bag and thread the meat and onion onto wooden skewers alternating between the two.
- Grill over high heat (Around 350°) for 8-10 minutes until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 150° or higher
- Garnish with chopped Green Onions
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1803mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 26g