Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken is a simple and easy weeknight dinner. A healthy cashew chicken that is loaded with vegetables and served with rice or cauliflower rice.
If you are looking for more easy dinner ideas, here is a recipe you need to try. Easy pepperoni sliders, cheesy taco bake, or try my grilled teriyaki salmon.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
This cashew chicken is a regular in our home. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try if you have some chicken on hand.
What to Serve With Chicken and Vegetables
- White Rice, Basmati Rice, Brown Rice, etc
- Cauliflower Rice for low carb option
While you don’t have to serve it with anything else, I enjoy the rice. It is a great starch to help feed the kids and the sauce soaks up in the rice. I highly recommend this recipe paired with rice.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by lining your baking dish with aluminum foil. Then you will lay out your raw chicken tenderloins. Set this aside.
Step 2: In a pan on the stove you are going to work on your sauce that you will drizzle over chicken and vegetables. You will mix it up and follow all the directions in the printable recipe card below.
Drizzle part of it over the chicken and bake accordingly.
Step 3: Remove from oven, add your veggies, toss with the remaining sauce and finish cooking the chicken and vegetables.
Once done and chicken is fully cooked, toss and serve.
How Do You Know When Chicken Is Done
The juices of the chicken will run clear. Then you will also find you need an internal temperature of 165 degrees to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
Make sure to check the thicker portion of the chicken to get an even read.
Variations To Recipe
- Use different vegetables. This is a great clean out your produce drawer type of recipe. Or you can reach for frozen vegetables.
- Toss in some shrimp as well as chicken for added flavor. It will take less time to cook so toss it in around the last 5-7 minutes.
- Consider using a store bought teriyaki sauce or other type of sauce if you don’t want to make homemade sauce.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken is the ultimate sheet pan dinner. A healthy cashew chicken with tons of veggies and a homemade sauce.
- 1 pound of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into Small Pieces
- 1 16 oz. Bag of Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Unsalted & Roasted Cashews
- ⅔ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (Or 2-3 cloves)
- 1 tsp. Minced Ginger
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Water
- Line a 9x13 Baking Dish or Cookie Sheet with Foil.
- Spread Chicken Evenly over the Baking Sheet.
- In a Medium Sauce Pan combine all of the sauce ingredients.
- Heat Sauce on High until starting to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to Medium/Low and simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Pour ½ of the sauce over the Chicken, Toss with Tongs to coat evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 Minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and add your Broccoli, Bell Peppers, and Cashews to the pan.
- Add ½ of the remaining sauce and Toss everything together to coat with the sauce.
- Bake another 12-15 minutes until Chicken is completely cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and toss with remaining sauce mixture.
This tastes great served over cooked rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1324mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 29g