If you have a beef brisket on hand, consider this incredibly flavorful and easy slow cooker bbq brisket. A slow-cooked bbq brisket that is seasoned perfectly. Tender, juicy bbq brisket to serve up for dinner.
Brisket is an incredible cut of beef. If you want something to whip up in the morning, go right ahead. Come home to a tender barbecued beef brisket ready to serve up.
Why This Beef Brisket Is So Popular
- Minimal prep
- Fall apart brisket
- One-pot dinner
- Toss in the slow cooker in the morning for dinner later
- Tender and juicy meat
How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket
Add water into your slow cooker, then create your dry rub. Smear all over the brisket.
Place brisket in slow cooker, and add in your liquid smoke and Worchestershire sacue.
Cover and cook as directed in the recipe card. Remove brisket and trim fat, and dump excess water. Then smother with sacue, and cook another 30 minutes on high.
Slice and serve. You can do a sandwich, plain, serve with pasta or rice, etc.
What to Serve With Barbeque Brisket
- Baked Beans
- Pasta Salad
- Cucumber and Onions
Storing And Freezer Directions
For leftovers, you can store your brisket in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Then in terms of leftovers just reheat in the microwave, oven, or a skillet.
For freezing leftover beef brisket, go right ahead and place in a freezer friendly container. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat it.
The beef freezes pretty well and makes a great dinner one night of the week. Pair with your favorite sides for a simple and tasty freezer meal dinner.
Can I Make This With A Beef Roast Instead of Brisket
If you can’t get your hands on brisket you can for sure use a beef roast instead. You would just adjust the cook time to 6-8 hours. Once roast is done, smother in sauce and then let cook an additional 30 minutes like the brisket.
It would serve up the same way. You might find the beef roast to kind of fall apart since it will be tender. But it is great for making into a sandwich, topping rice, serving with your favorite sides, etc.
Dive into more recipes
- 2-3 lb. Beef Brisket
- 1/3 Cup Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 18 oz. Bottle of Barbecue Sauce (Any Brand)
- Place 1 Cup of Water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Salt, and Pepper.
- Rub dry seasonings over the outside of the Brisket and place the Brisket in the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing cup combine the Liquid Smoke and Worchestershire Sauce.
- Pour liquid mixture over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on High for 8 hours or low for 12 hours.
- Remove Brisket from slow cooker and trim the fat (it should fall off). Remove the extra water from Slow Cooker.
- Slice or Shred Brisket with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- Pour Barbecue Sauce over the Meat, stir, and cook another 30 minutes on High.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Prepare the brisket following the instructions in step 1 - 5. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Cooking Instructions -
Cook on High in your slow cooker for 8-12 hours. Remove Brisket and trip fat, Slice and return to slow cooker. Add in barbecue sauce and cook another 30 minutes on high.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1106Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 361mgSodium: 1451mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 99g
Have you tried this slow cooker bbq brisket? If so let me know what you think!