Skip dining out and make this incredible chicken Piccata at home tonight. Tender and juicy chicken, capers, pasta, and more all in one delicious dinner. A one-pan dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes.
We all love this chicken recipe. But it adds up when we feed all of us dinners. So instead, I make this dish at home and it is just as comforting and delicious.
What is Chicken Piccata
This popular Chicken Piccata is an Italian dish that showcases tender juicy seasoned chicken, capers, and pasta. A lemon buttery chicken that is literally bursting with flavor.
Don’t go without, make a restaurant-quality dinner at home, that is pretty simple to whip up.
How to Make Chicken
Sear Chicken | Start by seasoning and searing your chicken to create that golden crust on the outside.
Cook | Once chicken is seared add in your liquid, capers, and pasta and let it cook up!
Cream Sauce | Once pasta is ready stir in your heavy cream to make the creamy sauce. Full directions and measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
What to Serve With
Garlic Bread, breadsticks, or even a side salad is a great option. Or you can serve up this pasta chicken recipe as a meal in one if you like.
I have also paired with a side of roasted broccoli or any other type of vegetable to add some variety to our meal.
Can I Swap Out The Spaghetti Noodles For Other Pasta
If you don’t have spaghetti noodles or prefer to use a different type of pasta in this chicken dish, go right ahead. Any pasta will work, just make sure you allow it to fully cook till it is done.
Elbow, bowtie, rigatoni, are all great options to swap out the spaghetti noodles.
Can You Meal Prep With This Piccata Chicken
If you are a person who enjoys meal prepping, you are more than welcome to make this up, and store leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
Pack up lunches for yourself, spouse, or even kids. This dish reheats really well. In terms of freezing you will find the creamy sauce does not thaw well after being froze.
The noodles will also become a lot softer in texture. Overall the flavor will still be good, you will just have a lot different texture overall on the dish.
Want More Easy Dinners To Make
In a dinner rut? Let me help by sharing a handful of recipes to consider giving a try as well.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Chicken Breast, Cut into 1" Pieces 4 oz.
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 32 oz. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Fresh Lemon
- 1/2 lb. Spaghetti (8 oz.)
- 1/4 Cup Capers, Drained
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
- In a 6-Qt Dutch Oven, heat 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil over Medium-High Heat.
- Add in Chicken Pieces and Sprinkle with Salt, Pepper, & Garlic.
- Stir chicken approximately 7-10 minutes until chicken is browned.
- Add Chicken Broth, the Juice from 1 Lemon, Spaghetti & Capers.
- Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce to medium heat and simmer for approximately 12-14 Minutes.
- When the liquid is mostly absorbed stir in Whipping Cream and serve topped with Parmesan & Parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 1011mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 62g