Creamy slow cooker chicken spaghetti is a kid-friendly chicken recipe that you will love to cook up. 7 ingredients are all it takes for this crockpot dinner. Spaghetti noodles, diced chicken, smothered in a creamy and cheese base.
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
Use your leftover rotisserie chicken to use for this chicken slow cooker recipe. Or you can cook up chicken and then toss in if you don’t have any pre-cooked on hand. Either way, this slow cooker recipe is a home run.
Do You Precook The Pasta
You will precook the pasta for this chicken pasta slow cooker recipe. I used spaghetti noodles, and just cooked according to the back of the package.
Drain the pasta and then mix into the slow cooker, and cook accordingly.
Variations To Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Use a different shape of pasta. Rigatoni, shells, elbow, etc. You can use any you have or enjoy. Just cook first before placing in slow cooker.
- Consider using a ground chicken you cook up first, to replace shredded or diced chicken.
- For added heat add a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce to kick up the heat.
- Use a mozzarella cheese instead of a cheddar cheese. It will make the flavor a bit more mellow but still be just as delicious.
Meal Prep And Storage
If you want to use this pasta recipe as a meal prep go right ahead. Whip this up and then store leftovers in the refrigerator. Pack in lunch containers, so you can grab and go for meals. Whether it be lunch or dinner this chicken pasta reheats nicely.
Can You Freeze Leftover Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Due to the creamy ingredients you will find this recipe is not best when frozen. As it thaws the pasta will soften up quite a bit. Also, the cheese can kind of seperate and affect the texture of the pasta dish.
Plus pasta when reheated from frozen can become pretty tender and almost mushy if overheated.
Here are more dinner inspiration recipes
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken Breast, Cooked (You can also use Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 Can of Low Sodium Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 10 oz. Can of Rotel
- 1 lb. of Velveeta Cheese
- 16 oz. Box of Spaghetti Noodles
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Cook Chicken if using Raw Chicken in a Skillet with Salt and Pepper. Set aside and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook Spaghetti Noodles according to package directions.
- In a Crock-Pot combine Cream of Chicken Soup, Chicken Broth, Rotel, Velveeta, Cooked Chicken and Cooked Noodles.
- Cook on Low 3-4 hours. Top with Cheddar Cheese 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven covered for 1 hour at 350° F if using un-cooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 661Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 2059mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 58g