Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Bake is a delicious and easy frozen Tortellini recipe. This Tortellini chicken Alfredo casserole has a homemade Alfredo sauce that’s incredible.
If you are struggling to know what to make for dinner this recipe is so refreshing. Broccoli, Parmesan, cream cheese, Tortellini, garlic and more all come together.
Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Bake
If you have never made homemade Alfredo sauce you are missing out. Simple ingredients, and it provides tons of flavor compared to jar.
How To Make
The first step is seasoning your chicken then tossing it on the grill. Cook until the chicken pieces are fully cooked.
Next you will work on making your Alfredo sauce. Add butter to a pan and let it begin to melt. Add in flour and whisk well.
You want to whisk it for a minute or two. Then slowly stir in the heavy cream. Whisk continuously to prevent burning.
Add in the remaining sauces for the sauce and then pour the mixture into your saucepan and Stir well.
Toss in Parmesan and cook until it melts down well. Now, begin to start assembling your casserole.
Assemble your casserole and then bake as directed. Once done garnish if you want and serve with salad, breadsticks or garlic bread, or any other fave.
Best Tortellini To Use
I used frozen tortellini but you are more than welcome to reach for fresh refrigerated tortellini as well. If you happen to use dry, cook it first as directed on the box.
Then pull it and drain about 2 minutes before it is done so it doesn’t become too soggy as it bakes in the oven.
Variations To Baked Tortellini
- Leave the chicken out for a meatless dish
- Swap out broccoli for other veggies or do no veggies.
- Use a red sauce instead of alfredo.
- If you don’t want to use homemade alfredo sauce buy jar sauce. We just love the taste of homemade.
Those are a few fun ways to change up the recipe a bit to fit your needs. This chicken alfredo tortellini bake is one of our tastiest recipes for pasta lovers.
Storage For Leftover Chicken Casserole
If you happen to have some leftover casserole, make sure to store it refrigerated. It will spoil if left out. Due to the cream sauce it will not freeze and thaw without curdling a bit.
This is a great dish to make and store for an easy grab and heat lunch or even weeknight dinner when you are not feeling like cooking.
Here Are More Recipe Ideas
- 19 oz. Bag of Frozen Tortellini
- 2 Lbs. Chicken Breast, Cooked & Diced
- 1 12 oz. Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 2 Cups Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Shredded
- 2 1/2 Cups Half & Half
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Start by grilling your chicken breast for 5-7 minutes on each side, until cooked completely. Remove from heat and dice into small bite sized pieces
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 3 Tbsp. of Butter and add in 3 Tbsp. of Flour and stir consistently for 2 minutes
- Whisk in Half & Half, Cream Cheese, Minced Garlic, Salt, Pepper, & Italian Seasoning. Whisk constantly until well mixed
- Slowly stir in 1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese until melted, then remove from heat.
- Place the Frozen Tortellini In a Large 9x13 Baking Dish, Cover with Alfredo Sauce and Stir everything together
- Add in the Frozen Broccoli and Cooked Chicken Pieces and mix well
- Cover with foil & bake in the oven for 30 Minutes at 375°
- Remove the Foil and top with the remaining Parmesan Cheese
- Bake another 10 Minutes at 375° or until the cheese is turning golden brown
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 953Total Fat: 54.2gSaturated Fat: 31.9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 269mgSodium: 1687mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 3.5gProtein: 72g
Let me know how you enjoy this Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Bake!