Parmesan Chicken and Rice is a one pan dinner that is baked in the oven. Diced chicken, rice, Parmesan cheese and spices come together for a simple yet satisfying dinner.
If you enjoy rice and chicken together you need to give this recipe a try. The Parmesan cheese adds so much flavor, I highly recommend it.
Parmesan Chicken and Rice
This is a dinner that takes minimal ingredients, is affordable, and easy to throw together. Pair with a green salad, side of vegetables, etc.
Why Do You Cover The Dish To Bake
When you cook with rice in the oven, it is important to cover the dish with foil. This creates steam and allows the rice to cook. If you had the pan not covered the liquid would reduce and you would run into undercooked rice and potentially dry chicken.
Boneless or Bone In Chicken
For this recipe I used boneless cut up chicken. You will find cutting chicken into pieces allows you to speed up the cooking process.
If you were to use bone in you would need to adjust the cooking time to ensure the chicken fully cooks.
Does This Recipe Double Well
Go right ahead and make a double batch if you need more to feed your crowd. Just reach for a second pan or a larger pan to be able to hold it all.
Depending on the size of pan you might need to adjust the cooking time a bit.
The same thing goes if you want to make a smaller portion. Cut the recipe in half and use an 8×8 pan. Adjust cook time as needed.
Chicken and rice is great leftover! If you don’t eat it al store in the fridge for a few days. Then reheat when you want in the microwave.
You can freeze any leftovers you might have. It will soften up the rice a bit, but overall it will taste pretty delicious still.
It will store for around three months in the freezer when stored properly.
Variations to Recipe
- Swap out seasonings to fit what you prefer or have on hand.
- Consider adding in drained green beans or other vegetables for added flavor.
- Swap Parmesan cheese with a different kind.
- Use diced up turkey breast in replace of chicken.
There are so many ways to change this recipe up to fit what you might prefer better. Get creative and enjoy.
Check Out More Dinner Ideas
- 1 1/2 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken, Cut into Pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups White or Brown Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Use Kitchen Scissors to cut Chicken Breast into bite size pieces
- In a 9x13 Baking Dish combine Rice, Chicken Stock, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder, then stir everything together
- Add in Chicken Pieces and 1 cup of Parmesan and stir slowly
- Top with remaining Parmesan Cheese
- Cover with Foil and Bake at 375° for 40 Minutes
- Remove from the oven, remove foil and then bake another 10 - 15 Minutes
Prep Ahead Instructions:
In a 9x13 Baking Dish combine Rice, Chicken Stock, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder, then stir everything together. Add in chicken pieces and 1 cup of parmesan cheese then stir. Top with remaining cheese. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Cover with Foil and Bake at 375° F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1208mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 45g