Crack chicken got a makeover with this recipe. A pepper jack crack chicken that is absolutely addictive. The pepper jack ramps up the flavor in this cheesy chicken casserole!
Craving more chicken recipes? Queso chicken, slow cooker Kung Pao chicken, crack chicken sliders, or chicken Cordon Bleu.
Pepper Jack Crack Chicken
Do you ever just crave something different? Here is a great creamy, cheesy bacon and chicken recipe.
How to Make Pepper Jack Crack Chicken
Get all your ingredients out and get ready to prep your dish. I find that when I get things in order I can really toss things together fast and easily.
Start by mixing up your softened cream cheese, green onions, pepper jack cheese, seasonings and part of the bacon. Get it mixed up until it is a creamy consistency.
Now lay out your chicken in the greased dish, and then begin to spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chicken.
Bake as directed in the printable recipe card below. Once it is done add on a few more toppings and dive in.
What To Serve With This Dish
Personally we reach for a vegetable to go with it. Or you could even do a side salad or cauliflower rice to stick to a lower carb diet.
Any type of side dish works or you could easily have this be a meal in one if you prefer.
Here are more easy dinner ideas
How to Store Leftovers
You will want to store any leftovers you have in the fridge. They will store for up to three days or so. When you want to heat up leftovers in the microwave or place in oven.
If you reheat in the oven cover with aluminum foil to help prevent the chicken from drying out as it reheats.
You will find due to the cream cheese and such this will not freeze and thaw properly. The texture of the creamy base will in a sense curdle.
Use your leftovers to meal prep for a few days during the week. I buy single serve containers and use that to pack for lunches! Whether you are using this for leftovers for your child, yourself or your spouse everyone will love it.
Pepper Jack Crack Chicken
This Low-Carb Pepper Jack Crack Chicken Recipe is easy to assemble and everything bakes in one dish. Serve with Green Beans, Salad or your favorite cooked vegetables.
- 2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 16 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Bunch of Green Onions, Diced
- 3 oz. Crumbled Bacon Pieces
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- In a small bowl combine Softened Cream Cheese, 8 oz. of Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, 1/2 of the Green Onions, 1/2 of the Bacon Pieces, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Salt. Mix everything together.
- Place Chicken Tenders in a 9x13 Baking Dish that has been sprayed with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Spread Cream Cheese Mixture over the top of the chicken and then top with the remaining Cheese, Bacon Pieces, and Onions.
- Bake in the oven at 400° for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 817Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 266mgSodium: 1337mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 73g