Crock Pot comfort food is what you get with this chicken tetrazzini! Tender pasta, creamy sauce, and chicken in every single bite. A must make dinner.
Having dinner to serve up my family is always a priority. Here are a few more dinner inspirations to consider adding to your menu plan. Pepperjack Crack Chicken, cheeseburger soup, slow cooker gyros, or cheesesteak stuffed peppers.
We love serving this tetrazzini recipe with steamed green beans or even broccoli. Or you could even add in garlic bread to soap up all the creamy sauce on your plate.
What Is The Best Chicken To Use
A boneless chicken is best to use for this recipe. As you will dice or shred the chicken once it is cooked. You wouldn’t want to have bones to pick out of the mixture.
I prefer skinless but you are welcome to use what you have on hand or prefer in terms of cut of meat. Boneless is preferred for chicken tetrazzini.
Can I Change Out Pasta Used In Recipe
Tetrazzini is known for spaghetti style noodles. If you want to use something else like elbow, shells, rotini, etc, go ahead. You will just cook your pasta according to the package and then mix it in to the creamy chicken mixture at the end of cooking.
Since you don’t cook the pasta in the slow cooker it makes it easier to swap it.
Can I Leave Mushrooms Out
If you are not a fan of mushrooms go right ahead and leave them out. The mushrooms add nice flavor but they are not something that has to be added to the dish.
Want More Easy Chicken Recipes
What to Serve With
String steamed green beans, roasted vegetables, garlic bread, and more. You can essentially pair this dish with anything.
So, get creative and create a meal the family can enjoy. Raid the pantry and produce drawer and create a dinner that is satisfying.
Chop up some green onions, dust with freshly grated parmesan cheese and more. There is no wrong way to make this dinner recipe.
How to Store
If you have leftovers go right ahead and place in a proper container and store in the fridge. Then store for a handful of days. Always use your best judgement in terms of quality. If in doubt, toss it out.
Due to the creamy sauce of this dish you will find it doesn’t freeze the best. The texture will be different once it thaws from being frozen.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Medium Purple Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. Dried Spaghetti Noodles (1/2 Lb.)
- Green Onions for Garnish (Optional)
- Place Chicken Breasts into the bottom of a 6 Qt. Slow Cooker.
- Season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, & Paprika.
- Top with Onions, Mushrooms, and Chicken Broth.
- Cover and cook on High for 6-8 Hours. Shred Chicken with 2 forks.
- Add in Cream Cheese. Cover & Cook for 30 minutes on high.
- While Cream Cheese is cooking prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Stir Cream Cheese into Chicken mixture until creamy. Add in cooked pasta and stir.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese and heat another 15-20 Minutes until Cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 864mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 51g