Grilled burritos are a seasoned ground beef that is paired with black beans and rolled up in a flour tortilla and grilled in a pan. The tortilla offers a nice crispy texture.
Tex-Mex recipes are always a fun way to dress up dinner. Here are a few more busy weeknight recipes to try.
Quick, easy and best of all kid-approved! Throw this dish together any night of the week.
Can I Use A Taco Seasoning Packet
If you don’t want to make your own taco seasoning blend go season beef, buy a packet. Either route works.
You just want to season the meat for that southwest flavor spin. One packet of taco seasoning will work.
Can I Substitute Beef
If you don’t want to cook with ground beef, swap it. Any ground meat or even shredded chicken could be used to replace the ground beef.
Or if you want a meatless dish leave the meat out. You could even do a potato and bean style burrito.
Variations To Recipe
- Use low carb flour tortilla to lower carb count
- Use any type of cheese or cheese blend.
- Add in diced avocado for a tasty addition.
- Use pinto beans instead of black beans.
- Reach for store bought taco seasoning instead of all the spices
- Swap ground beef with another type of meat
What To Serve With Grilled Burritos
Not sure what to pair with these burritos? Chips and salsa, green salad, Mexican rice, Refried beans, etc.
Eat your beefy grilled burritos alone or make one or more sides.
Because of the crispy flour shell these burritos are best fresh. You have two options on how to save leftovers.
The first way would be to Store the filling in its own container and store in the fridge. Then when you get hungry, assemble and grill.
This will get you that perfect tortilla texture and tastes just as good.
The other method is refrigerating the burritos grilled already. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate them. Then reheat when you are hungry.
Because of the grilled texture you will find it becomes softer once placed in the fridge. Still taste good, just softer in texture.
Can You Freeze
You can freeze these beef grilled burritos. Just cook them up and grill the tortilla. When done, place on a cooling rack. Allow the burritos to cool down a bit.
When cooked transfer to a freezer friendly container. I tend to roll then in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag.
Store for 2-3 months. You can unwrap and reheat from frozen in the microwave. Or if you want to do the oven just leave the aluminum foil on. Then reheat for 20 minutes or so to ensure the burrito is warmed up.
These Easy Grilled Burritos are the perfect Mexican recipe the entire family will love! Loaded with Taco Meat, Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa and More!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 - 15 oz. Can of Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 - 16 oz. Jar of Salsa
- 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Place Black Beans in a microwave safe bowl and heat 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
- Cook Ground Beef over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in Chili Powder, Cumin, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper and continue cooking until the meat is completely cooked.
- Drain Fat from Meat and return to pan.
- On a Cutting Board or Large Plate assemble your Tortillas.
- Place 1 Tortilla on a plate; fill with Ground Beef, Rice, Black Beans Cheese, Sour Cream & Salsa.
- Heat a Non-Stick Pan to medium/high and place a small amount of butter in the pan.
- Roll Burrito Up and place seam side down in the pan.
- Cook on each side 3-4 minutes until browned.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 624Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1226mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g