Check out this grilled Caprese chicken. Juicy chicken that is grilled then topped with cheese, fresh mozzarella, and tomato. This boneless chicken Caprese recipe is great for a weeknight dinner or entertaining.
A delicious dinner or lunch. Whip up this chicken breast and pair it with all your favorite side dishes.
Grilled Caprese Chicken
What Is A Chicken Caprese
Seasoned grilled chicken that is topped with a balsamic glaze, tomatoes, and mozzarella. A refreshing and delicious chicken recipe.
Best Chicken To Use For Caprese Chicken
Boneless chicken is best as you want a flat surface so your sliced cheese and tomatoes can sit nicely on top.
Chicken tenderloins can work but you will need to adjust the cook time to a shorter time since you will be using smaller pieces of chicken.
Want More Dinner Inspiration?
How to Know Chicken Is Done
Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Investing in a meat thermometer is always a good choice. Then you can also tell as the chicken run clear, and the meat is not pink.
What to Serve With Caprese Chicken
- Green Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
You can pair this chicken dish with any and all of your favorite sides.
This all depends on the thickness of your chicken. Generally you will flip chicken around 5-7 minute mark. Then check to see the doneness. Chicken is fully cooked when it is 165 degrees internally.
Flipping chicken on the grill allows for an even cook. It will also provide pretty grill marks on both sides of the chicken breast.
You will always grill skin side down. For this Caprese recipe you use a boneless skinless breast. So it is not as imperative. But if you have skin always do the skin side down first for a crispy texture on the skin.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut or pounded to even thickness
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- In a small bowl combine Black Pepper, Salt, Italian Seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, & Paprika, mix well.
- Brush chicken pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 of seasoning. Turn the chicken over and repeat on the other side.
- Grill Chicken at 350° for around 7-8 minutes on each side, until cooked.
- Top with sliced Mozzarella Cheese and cook another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melting.
- Remove from the Grill and top each piece of chicken with sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, and drizzle with Aged Balsamic Vinegar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 704Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 1008mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 64g