These Ham And Cheese Pockets are so easy to whip up for your kids and family. A puff pastry crust, that is filled with diced ham and cheese and baked till golden brown. A homemade hot pocket that is so delicious.
Ham and Cheese Pockets
I purchased some diced ham on sale and I knew instantly this is what I wanted to whip up. My kids love hot pockets, but if they are not on sale I don’t always want to buy them.
This way you can spend a little for ingredients and make a ton of hot pockets to feed the family. An affordable meal.
Can I Make Mini Pockets For Appetizers
If you are looking for an easy appetizer to serve a crowd, this recipe can work. Just make smaller sized pockets and serve up to your guests.
Set out some dipping sauces if you want and let them dive in! You would just bake them for a shorter time if you do make them smaller in size.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by thawing out your frozen puff pastry. Once it is fully thawed, roll it out and lay on a cutting board.
Step 2: Place your diced ham and cheese on one side of the puff pastry. Leave room around the edge for sealing your pocket.
Step 3: Make an egg wash as directed in the printable recipe card below. You will use that as the “glue” to apply to the edges of your pocket.
Fold the puff pastry over the mixture and make sure to crimp the sides to ensure no cheese will ooze out as it bakes in the oven.
Step 4: Add the toppings to your hot pockets and then bake as directed! Once done remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Can I Double This Recipe
You are more than welcome to make as many hot ham and cheese pockets as you need. Just cook in batches if needed be.
These are best when served warm and fresh, but they do reheat pretty good! I tend to just warm them up in the microwave.
Dipping Ideas For Ham Pockets
- Cheese Sauce
- Honey Mustard
Or if you are not big on dipping sauces, skip and eat plain. However you choose to serve up these tasty ham puff pastry pockets, I think you will enjoy them.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Shredded Chicken Tacos | Perfect for taco Tuesday! A quick and easy shredded chicken taco recipe that everyone will love piling on their favorite toppings.
- Beef Taquitos | These are a baked taquito recipe that are so delicious. Great for making and freezer for meals down the line.
- Cheesy Taco Bake | Bakes are always welcome in our home. I love having casserole style dishes to bake up and serve. Minimal effort on my end but tons of flavor.
Store your leftover pockets in the fridge in an airtight container. Then just warm them up for a little bit in the microwave. Or you can even eat them cold.
A great item to place in your kids lunch as they head off to school!
- 17.3 oz. Package of Puff Pastry Dough (2 Sheets)
- 1 16 oz. Bag of Cooked and Diced Ham
- 4 Cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- Thaw Puff Pastry sheets, un-roll the sheets and lay flat.
- Cut each Puff Pastry sheet into 4 pieces
- Place Diced Ham Pieces and Shredded Cheddar Cheese on 1/2 of each piece of Puff Pastry
- Combine the Egg and Water in a small bowl
- Lightly Brush the edges of the Pastry Dough with the beaten egg
- Fold the Puff Pastry Dough over the meat and cheese and crimp the edges together with a fork
- Add the Parmesan Cheese and Parsley to the remaining egg mixture and brush over the top of each sandwich pocket
- Place the Sandwich Pockets on a Large Baking Sheet and Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes until the Pastry Dough is golden brown
These are great when served with warmed Ranch or Honey Mustard Dressing for dipping!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1381Total Fat: 98gSaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 233mgSodium: 2164mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 63g