Italian Chicken Pasta is a satisfying pasta recipe to whip up for dinner. You have tender pasta, juicy seasoned chicken, and veggies for nutrients and flavor. Try my creamy chicken pasta recipe today.
If you want more chicken recipes ideas, let me help. Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken, low carb queso chicken, or even this chicken foil packet.
Italian Chicken Pasta
Cheesy pasta is always welcome in my home. It is so comforting, easy to whip up, and taste better than ordering takeout from your favorite Italian restaurants.
How to make
Firstly, start by searing your chicken in your dutch oven. You can add in your seasonings to help add flavor to your diced chicken.
Now add the rest of the ingredients listed in the recipe card, stir and let cook for a bit. Bring to a boil and then add in your pasta and cook for around 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Stir in your creamy mixture, as directed in the printable recipe card below. Stir well, then spoon into bowls or plate and top with shredded cheese and salt and pepper.
Here are more Crave Worthy Pasta Recipes
- Blackened Chicken Pasta | Chicken and pasta collide in this easy and satisfying dinner. Taste better than takeout and truly has minimal steps.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta | If you enjoy ranch flavors try this pasta dish. Great for kids and adults. Plus minimal ingredients are needed.
- Sausage Tortellini Soup | Whip up a tortellini soup that comes together in no time. Great for busy weeknights, lazy dinner nights, and as a comforting soup to serve up.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti | Give this instant pot spaghetti a try. A quick and easy way to get that slow simmered flavor in a fraction of the time.
Storing Leftover Pasta
This pasta will store in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge. You can use leftovers to meal prep for a meal or two down the line.
Due to the dairy in the sauce you will find if you freeze leftovers it can separete a bit as it thaws from being frozen. So, I don’t fully recommend freezing. If you do be prepared that it can change a bit in texture.
What If I Don’t Own A Dutch Oven
If you don’t own a dutch oven, no worries. You can use any pot that will hold the whole recipe. I just love my dutch oven and how it cooks and offers a nice even cooking.
However, a dutch oven isn’t a have to have for this recipe.
Italian Chicken Pasta
This quick and easy Italian Chicken Pasta recipe is perfect for busy nights where you want to have everything cook in one dish. It's all the Italian flavors you love in one easy to bake pasta dish.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Chicken Breast, Cut into 1" Pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Spinach, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Red Peppers, Diced
- 12 oz. Rotini Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 5 oz. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a Large Dutch Oven heat Olive Oil and then add the Chicken Breast pieces. Saute over high heat for 3-4 minutes. Season with Salt, Pepper, Minced Garlic, and Italian Seasoning
- Add in Chicken Broth, Tomato, Spinach, Red Peppers and mix well
- Bring liquid to a boil and add in the pasta, cover and cook around 10 minutes until the pasta is tender
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix the cream and corn starch until it's smooth then add to your pasta mixture
- Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce starts to thicken
- Add in Parmesan Cheese and stir before serving
Optional Cooking Method: This recipe can also be done in the Instant Pot. Cook the Chicken, Olive Oil, and Seasonings using the saute feature until chicken is browned. Add in the ingredients in step 2 + the pasta and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes (It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure), Use Quick Pressure Release and Stir the cornstarch and cream together, then add to the Instant Pot with the Saute Feature turned back on. Slowly add the the Parmesan to the Instant Pot and Stir.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 1352mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 50g