Grilled tomato herb chicken skillet is a low carb and healthy weeknight dinner recipe that is loaded with veggies and flavor. Give this chicken skillet a try for a simple and healthy dinner creation.
Grilled Tomato Herb Chicken Skillet
If you have some boneless chicken on hand you might love to whip up this chicken. Great for an easy dinner to pair with a salad, cauliflower rice for a low carb option, or classic white rice.
No matter how you serve up this chicken it is mighty tasty and loaded with protein and nutrients.
How to Make Grilled Tomato Herb Chicken
Ingredients and instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by adding oil to your skillet and get it warm. Toss in your chicken cooking it till browned, and for about 10 minutes.
Toss in the water, tomatoes, onion, and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and then cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
Toss in your spinach leaves and let them wilt. Dish up this chicken skillet dish for lunch or dinner. Or meal prep with it!
What To Serve With Herb Chicken and Tomatoes
- Cauliflower Rice for low carb option
- Mashed potatoes
- Mashed cauliflower
- Vegetables like steamed or roasted broccoli
- Green salad
Meal Prep and Storage
If you want to meal prep go right ahead. Just cook up and store in single serve containers in the fridge for up to three days. Pair with your favorite sides or just store it alone.
Then reheat and enjoy a quick lunch or dinner. Or if you just want to store the leftovers store for up to three days!
- Use ground chicken instead of diced up chicken.
- Change up or add to the dish with more vegetables for added flavor.
- Swap out some spices to change up the flavor of the whole recipe.
- Stir in some cauliflower rice, cooked white rice, etc. at the end of cooking.
- Double or triple the recipe if you are planning to meal prep.
How to Know When Chicken Is Done
The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You can use a meat thermometer to check it. You can also ensure the juice runs clear and the meat is white and no longer pink when you slice into it.
Craving More Recipe Ideas
- 2 Lbs. Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) Can of Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- Heat the Olive Oil in a Large Skillet, Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes until both sides of the chicken are browned.
- Add in Onions, Tomatoes, Water, Basil, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Oregano, and Salt
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to Low Heat, Cover and cook 10 Minutes
- Add in Spinach, Cook another 3 Minutes until the spinach starts to wilt
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 49g