Sloppy Joe Sandwiches are one of my favorite busy weeknight dinners. Grab some ground beef and pantry staples and whip up a meal that is kid-friendly! Homemade sloppy joes are such a vintage recipe to hold onto.
Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
I tend to keep all the essentials needed for sloppy joes on hand at all times. Freeze up some hamburger buns and have them on hand to thaw and cook for meals when you need something quick to serve a crowd.
How to Make Sloppy Joes
Step 1: Start by adding your ground beef into the skillet. You will then add in your diced onion and cook along with the hamburger to help soften it up a bit.
Step 2: Now add in the remaining ingredients, stir, and cook until the mixture is ready to pile in your buns.
See how easy it is to make these easy sloppy joes. Quick, easy, and minimal ingredients required.
What To Serve With Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
- Tater Tots
- French Fries
- Cucumber and Onions
Essentially you can serve this with any of your favorite side dishes. I love doing crunchy tots or even a tangy pickle.
Can I Swap With Ground Turkey
You are more than welcome to swap out your ground beef with ground turkey or even ground chicken. It will change the flavor a bit but can make it a bit leaner and healthier.
Looking For Even More Simple Dinner Ideas
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches | Here you have a great way to cook up a roast and transform it into French dip sandwiches with au jus dipping sauce.
- Cream Cheese Chicken Chimichangas | Here is a great recipe that uses shredded chicken for you to try out. A white sauce and so easy to make.
- Mongolian Steak Skewers | If you are a fan of sweet and savory try out these Mongolian steak skewers for a try.
- Southwest Bacon Chicken Wraps | A light lunch or dinner is what you will get with these chicken wraps. This is a great option for dinner.
- 1.5 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1/2 cup Water
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Cook Ground Beef in a skillet over Medium High Heat for 10-12 Minutes until no longer pink. Drain the excess fat and return the meat to the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon into Hamburger Buns and serve with your favorite side dishes
Prep Ahead Instructions:
Pre Cook Ground Beef in a Skillet, Drain Fat and then place in a large Ziploc Bag. Add in Ketchup, Vinegar, Onions, Mustard, and Water. Seal tightly and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Place the contents of the Ziploc bag into a large skillet. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Serve over Hamburger Buns.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 36g