Slow Cooker White Chicken & Green Chili Soup is a hearty and comforting soup that you can make right in your slow cooker. Shredded chicken, green chilis, cream cheese and more collide for a creamy chicken chili soup.
Slow Cooker White Chicken & Green Chili Soup
Here is a great slow cooker soup to whip up when you are wanting a comfort soup for dinner.
How To Make Green Chili Soup
To start you will put your chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Then add in your green chilis, garlic, chicken broth, jalapeno, celery, onions, and your spices.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Once the chicken is done remove and shred then place back in the slow cooker. Add in the cream cheese and heavy cream and stir. Cook another 20 minutes to ensure all the cheese is fully melted.
Top with more shredded cheese, parsley, cilantro, or even avocado.
What to Serve With Slow Cooker White Chicken & Green Chili Soup
You can serve your soup with some crunchy tortilla chips, cornbread, salad, etc. This recipe is pretty versatile in flavor and so delicious to pair with anything you want.
You will want to store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. After that use your best judgement in terms of quality of the soup.
In terms of freezing you shouldn’t freeze. Due to the cream and cream cheese in the soup you will find it separates as it thaws, giving it a curdled texture.
The flavor will be good but you will find the texture is off compared to what you first eat.
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Pico De Gallo
Expert Tips When Making Soup
- You can use chicken tenderloins or boneless chicken of any kind.
- If you want to add more heat into the soup leave some seeds in the jalapeno or all the seeds.
- You can double the recipe if you have enough room in your slow cooker.
- You can use half and half in replace of heavy cream if you would like
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 - 14.5 oz. Can of Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 - 4 oz. Can of Green Chiles
- 1 Large Jalapeno, Diced & Seeded
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 Rib of Celery, Diced
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened and Cubed
- Place Chicken Breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker
- Add Chicken Broth, Garlic, Green Chile, Jalapeno, Celery, Onion, And Spices
- Cook on High for 4 Hours
- Remove Chicken from Slow Cooker, Shred with a Fork and Place Back in Slow Cooker
- Add in Cream Cheese and Heavy Cream to the Slow Cooker and Stir
- Cook another 20-30 minutes on High until cheese is well mixed
- Serve with Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese, Cilantro, Parsley and Avocado
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Place chicken breast into a large Ziploc Bag. Add Chicken Broth, Garlic, Green Chile, Jalapeno, Celery, Onion, and Spices. Seal tightly and place in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Cooking Instructions -
Place the contents of the Ziploc bag into your slow cooker, Cover and cook on High for 4 hours. Continue with step 4 above to finish the soup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 1190mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g