Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are an easy and delicious baked egg roll that is a must make. Seasoned chicken, black beans, corn, and more. These southwest egg rolls are a must make.
Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls
Crispy flour tortillas that are baked to golden perfection. These make a great lunch, dinner, or even meal prep for freezer meals down the line.
How to Make
The first thing you will do is prep your dressing you are going to use. The jalapeno and ranch blended up. The full directions and ingredients are in the printable recipe card.
Now you want to add your southwest ingredients in a bowl and mix it up. This is going to be your filling for the egg rolls.
Lay out some of the filling on your flour tortillas and then work on wrapping them up.
Bake them as directed below in the oven. Once they are golden brown on the outside, serve and enjoy.
What To Serve With Mexican Egg Rolls
Whip up these egg rolls and pair with some rice, chips and dip, etc. I love to eat these with a side of Mexican rice. But, it isn’t a have to.
Feel free to make whatever you want to serve with these. The jalapeno ranch really is fantastic for dipping these egg rolls with.
If you want more easy dinner ideas let me help
- Shrimp Tacos | Check out this seafood-inspired Mexican recipe. Tons of flavor, easy to prep, and loaded with flavor.
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders | If you like ham and cheese give this Hawaiian slider recipe to try. One of my favorites for entertaining guests or serving your family.
- Beef Taquitos | Loads of beef, Mexican spices, rolled and baked into crunchy taquitos.
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna | Here is another great white sauce lasagna. Loads of chicken, pasta, cheese, and more.
How To Store Leftovers
You are more than welcome to store these in the fridge. I will say these are best when served fresh out of the oven. Now, you can refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Or you can freeze and reheat for a meal down the line. They are best when reheated in the oven, as it helps give a crunchier texture. The microwave can sog it up a bit.
Could I Use Ground Beef Instead of Chicken
Absolutely! If you are looking to make these with ground beef go right ahead. You will find it gives a similar flavor just a different protein featured in the recipe.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what meat you prefer to use.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Chicken Breast, Cooked & Diced
- 1 15 oz. Can of Black Beans
- 1 Cup of Frozen Corn
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Jalapeno, Diced & Seeded (Optional)
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 Soft 8" Flour Tortillas
- In a blender mix Ranch Dressing and Diced Jalapeno until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve
- In a large bowl combine diced chicken, Beans, Corn, Mexican Cheese, Red Bell Pepper, Cumin & Chili Powder. Mix everything together until well blended
- Spoon 1/8 of mixture into each tortilla and fold into a burrito shape (Folding in edges, then each side
- Brush the edges of the tortilla with the egg mixture and press together to seal
- Place Seam Side Down on a baking sheet and brush with Olive Oil
- Bake for 20-25 Minutes at 400° or until golden brown
- Cut each tortilla diagonally in half and serve with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1248mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 46g