Broccoli chicken and rice casserole is a delicious and comforting chicken and rice dish. You have some cheesy goodness in every single bite. A great dinner to serve up any night of the week.
Chicken and rice is one of our favorite dinners. It is simple to throw together, and great to make in advance so all you have to do is toss in the oven to bake up.
Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
Reach for your favorite rice and pull out some chicken and create a casserole that can be thrown together in literally minutes. Then toss in the oven and bake till the cheese is nice and melted.
What Do I Need For Casserole
Cooked Chicken | This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken you have on hand. Or if you buy bulk chicken and cook and freeze, pull some out of the freezer.
Rice | I used a classic white long grain rice. But, you can swap with brown rice or any other rice you prefer. You will cook the rice as directed on the back of the box.
Broccoli | To make this dish affordable and easy I reached for a bag of frozen broccoli. It is so quick and easy to open and toss in. You can use fresh if you prefer.
Cream Soup | Cream of mushroom or cream of chicken are what I recommend. Either works, in helping to give this casserole a nice creaminess.
Cheese and Milk | Shredded cheese and milk are two important parts. It will help to add extra creamy texture.
Seasoning | Then you will use seasonings to help add flavor to your chicken casserole.
Can I Leave The Chicken Out Of Casserole
You can indeed leave the chicken out of this recipe to make it a cheesy broccoli rice casserole. This will make a great side dish or vegetarian main dish if you prefer.
Leave all the measurements of the other ingredients the same and just leave out the chicken.
If you have leftovers just store them in the fridge for a few days. This is a tasty casserole that reheats really well.
Then in terms of freezing you can freeze your leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months.
Just thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat. Then reheat in the microwave or oven if you prefer.
What To Serve With This Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Side of Vegetables
- Garlic Bread
- Dinner Rolls
This can be a meal in one casserole or you can opt to serve up your favorite sides to go along with it.
More Dinner Ideas
Broccoli Chicken & Rice Casserole
This family friendly recipe for Broccoli Chicken & Rice is a comfort food and a perfect meal to take to anyone in need.
- 2 Cups of Rice, Cooked according to package directions (1 cup uncooked)
- 2 Cups of Cooked Chicken Breast, Shredded or Diced (Approx. 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 -10.5 oz. Can of Cream of Chicken or Mushroom Soup
- 1 12 oz. Bag of Frozen Broccoli Florets, Steamed according to package directions
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Flakes
- 3 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Pre-cook your chicken breasts in the oven or in a small pan, then cut into 1" cubes or shred with 2 forks
- Prepare 2 cups of un-cooked rice according to the package directions.
- Steam Broccoli according to package directions
- In a large bowl combine the Cream of Chicken Soup, Onion Flakes, Salt, Pepper, and Milk and stir until well mixed.
- Add in 2 Cups of the Cheese, and the Cooked Rice, Chicken & Broccoli and mix everything together
- Place the Chicken and Rice Mixture into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray
- Top with the remaining 1 Cup of Cheese
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 30 minutes
Tip: If you have a smaller family divide your Chicken and Rice Mixture into 2 8x8 pans and freeze one to eat another night! This is the perfect freezer meal!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1175mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g