Serve up this incredible green chile chicken for dinner or lunch tonight. This recipe is loaded with juicy chicken, green chiles, smothered in a creamy sauce, and topped with melted cheese. Give this one pan green chiles chicken recipe a try.
If you have some chicken on hand, go ahead and give this recipe a try. Pair with some rice, cauliflower rice or even some tortilla chips. A super simple and family friendly recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Simple Ingredients
- Quick cook time
- One pan so easy cleanup
- Tex-Mex Flavor
- Kid friendly
- Tasty leftover – so if you meal prep it is a good one
How to Make Green Chile Chicken
This recipe uses leftover chicken, that is shredded or diced. If you do not have chicken on hand, place chicken breast that are seasoned with salt and pepper in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Then in a skillet or even a dutch oven you will heat your butter and garlic in a pan. Once the butter is melted, you will stir in the heavy cream, almond milk, cream cheese, jalapenos, green chile’s, and spices along with a cup of cheese.
Whisk together until well mixed, then stir in chicken and top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake in a 350 Degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
What To Serve With This Chicken Casserole
- Rice or Cauliflower Rice for a lower carb
- Crispy tortilla chips for dipping into the mixture
- Mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower
- Green fresh salad
- Steamed or roasted vegetables
You can truly eat this alone or pair with any or all your favorite sides. Casseroles tend to be a meal in one, but get creative and have fun with what you choose to serve with it.
Storing And Meal Prep Directions
Storing leftover green chile chicken is really easy. Just allow the dish to cool down a bit, then place in an airtight container. Since it is meat based it will store for around 3 days in the fridge.
You can use this to meal prep for quick lunches on the go or pack for your child’s lunch. Pair with rice or even veggies on the side.
It reheats really nice and has great flavor. Due to the creamy sauce it does not freeze and thaw perfectly. You will find the texture can curdle a bit.
Craving More Dinner Ideas
- 5 Cups Chicken, Cooked & Shredded (You can also use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Jalapeno, Diced (Without Seeds)
- 1 4.5 oz. Can of Green Chiles (Do not drain)
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 16 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using uncooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken
- In an Oven Safe Skillet or Dutch Oven heat the Butter & Minced Garlic over Medium Heat until the butter is melted
- Add in the Almond Milk, Heavy Cream, Cream Cheese, Jalapeno, Green Chilies, Chili Powder, Cumin, Onion Powder and 1 Cup of the Cheese
- Whisk everything together until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the cooked and shredded chicken and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 Degree oven for 25-30 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 32.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 725mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 55.2g