7 ingredients is all you need for this cheesy zucchini lasagna. This is a keto zucchini lasagna that full of flavor and requires no noodles. Zucchini replaces pasta, for a low card dinner option.
Grab some zucchini at the store or head out to your garden. Whip up this easy and savory lasagna that is kid approved.
Casseroles make weeknight meals a little bit easier. This lasagna casserole is tasty and simple to prep.
How To Cut Zucchini For Lasagna
Thin strips or thin round slices will work. One of the things I recommend is using a mandoline slicer. It will help to give your zucchini the even texture you need.
So feel free to cut long like a classic noodle or these round slices. Wash and pat dry the zucchini before you get to use in lasagna.
Why Is My Zucchini Lasagna Watery
If you find your zucchini lasagna is watery, you can use these tips for next time. Sometimes you will find zucchini can release a lot of water into your food. Here are some tips.
- Once you slice zucchini lay it out and sprinkle it with salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then pat dry to remove the liquid.
- Do even slices of zucchini that are thinner. If you do thicker slices it will produce more water in one area as it bakes up.
Tips and Variation To Lasagna
- You can use other veggies for added flavor and nutrients. Spinach, mushrooms, etc. can all be added to the mix.
- Use homemade sauce if you don’t want to buy store-bought. The biggest thing is to ensure it is keto-approved.
- This is a great recipe for meal prep and use for quick lunches or dinner down the line.
Is There Any Keto Friendly Pasta
Miracle Noodle is a keto friendly pasta. You can buy it at some grocery stores or shop online. You just follow the directions on the package on how to use this pasta to substitute for traditional pasta in recipes.
Can I Use Turkey Instead
If you want go right ahead and swap the meat out with ground turkey or even ground chicken. The sausage or beef might bring more flavor but if you want go right ahead and swap for what you have.
Can You Have Ricotta On Keto
Ricotta can be used in the keto diet when you don’t go overboard. So you can still get that traditional flavor of a classic lasagna with the cheese you use to make this dish.
More Tasty Kitchen Creations
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Italian Sausage, Cooked
- 2 - 24 oz. Jars of Organic, No Sugar Added Pasta Sauce
- 2 Medium Zucchini, Washed and Sliced
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Water
- In a Bowl combine the Eggs, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and 1 Cup of Mozzarella and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the Sauce and 1 Cup of Water and mix well.
- Slice the Zucchini into thin Strips or Round Slices (This is personal preference)
- In a 9×13 Pan Layer Sauce, Zucchini, Cheese Mixture, Meat, Sauce, Zucchini .. Continue in this order
- Top with the remaining sauce mixture
- Cover with Aluminum Foil and Bake at 375 Degrees for 45 minutes
- Remove Aluminum Foil and Add remaining Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake at 375 for another 15 minutes uncovered until cheese is melted and browning
Optional Slow Cooker Method: Assemble everything together in a slow cooker in step 4 and cook on high for 4 hours until zucchini is tender!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 20.4gSaturated Fat: 11.7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 8.6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 47.8g