Serve up these cheesy chicken tostadas for lunch or dinner tonight. Crispy tostadas that are smothered with refried beans, seasoned chicken and topped with your favorite Mexican toppings. Have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Craving more Mexican inspired recipes? Mexican chicken casserole, slow cooker carnitas, grilled burritos, or taco pasta.
We make these a lot in our home. If it has that Tex-Mex flavor I am sure the kids and my husband will devour it. Whip this up for one tasty dinner.
How To Make Tostadas
Full instructions and recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by heating oil in a skillet then add your chicken and saute till it is fully cooked.
Secondly, add in the salsa, black pepper, chili powder, cumin and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove the chicken dish from the heat and stir in your cheese.
Thirdly, you will heat up your refried beans in the microwave or on the stovetop. Whichever method you prefer is fine! You will also cook your tostadas in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
Spoon a little of the refried beans on the tostada, top with chicken, and your favorite toppings. Therefore you have a restaurant-quality tostada at home!
Finally, devour and enjoy!
You will want to store the chicken mixture in the fridge for a few days. Then heat up in a skillet then toast a tostada in the oven. Assemble and enjoy.
Recipe FAQs Chicken Tostadas
Here are common questions that come along with making tostadas. However you might not need guidance, but some readers might really appreciate the help.
Tostadas can be served with simple refried beans and cheese. Or try this chicken tostada. Or go out on a limb and pile on shredded beef or pork carnitas meat.
You can eat this as a meal in one, or pair with some refried beans, fried rice, or even a green salad.
Lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, black olives, onions, and more are all wonderful options for piling on your tostadas. However, you can use any toppings you enjoy or serve them bare.
Tostadas are a whole tortilla that gets toasted in the oven, fried or toasted on a gas range. Tortilla chips are cut into triangles or other style shapes and cooked being fried or baked.
More delicious dinner ideas
Cheesy Chicken Tostadas
These Quick and Easy Cheesy Chicken Tostadas can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes and loaded with all your favorite toppings!
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut into 1" Pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Salsa
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 8 oz. Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 15 oz. Can of Refried Beans
- 4 oz. Sour Cream (Optional for Garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped (Optional for Garnish)
- 1 Large Tomato, Diced (Optional for Garnish)
- 10 Corn Tostadas
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over Medium-High Heat. Add in Chicken Pieces and saute until the chicken is browned and no longer pink in the middle. (Approximately 8-10 Minutes)
- Add in Salsa, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, and Cumin and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- While the chicken is cooking place the refried beans in a microwave-safe container and heat for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until warmed.
- Heat Tostadas in the Oven at 350° for 5-7 minutes.
- Spread 1 spoonful of refried beans on each Tostada and top with the cheesy chicken mixture.
- Garnish with Sour Cream, Diced Tomatoes, Fresh Cilantro or any of your favorite ingredients!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1017mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 50g