Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables is a super easy weeknight dinner, or even meal prep for quick lunches through the week. Tender chicken, tons of veggies all smothered in a tasty teriyaki sauce.
Skillet recipes are always tasty, and simple. If you want more skillet dinner ideas I have a few more for you to try. Baked chicken fajita skillet, sausage and pepper skillet or even this chili mac skillet.
Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
Serve this chicken and veggies with rice, quinoa, or keep it lower-carb and eat alone. No matter how you serve up this teriyaki chicken and veggies, it is gonna be a hit for kids and adults.
More Chicken Recipes To Try
- Green Chile Chicken
- Chicken Tostadas
- Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Chicken
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Broccoli Chicken Casserole
How to Make
Start by adding oil to your skillet, then add in your chicken. Cook until all your chicken is evenly browned.
Add in your soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, honey, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
You want to bring the mixture to a boil then simmer as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Add in veggies and chicken and then cook for around 15 minutes. Serve with brown rice, cauliflower rice, etc.
Top with green onions, sesame seeds or any other toppings.
Meal Prep And Storage
If you want to meal prep for part of your week this recipe is a great one to do. Just cook up your chicken and veggies and place in single serve containers. Add in your rice, quinoa, cauli-rice or whatever you want.
Then reheat and enjoy.
If you have leftovers after a meal just store in the refrigerator for up to three days. In terms of freezing you can freeze leftovers, but the vegetables will become a lot softer once they thaw from being frozen.
You can freeze for up to three months in the proper freezer-friendly containers.
Expert Tips For Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- You can use ground chicken to replace diced whole chicken. Just fully cook your ground chicken.
- Feel free to change up the vegetables with what you have on hand.
- If all you have is frozen veggies you can use that to replace fresh.
- Cook your vegetables to the preference of texture you would like.
- Feel free to double the recipe if you want to serve a larger crowd.
Interested in more dinner recipes
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken Breast cut into Pieces
- 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce (or Coconut Aminos)
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt (if using Coconut Aminos)
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 - 12 oz. Bag of Frozen Broccoli Floretes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Cut into Piece
- 1 Medium Zucchini Cut into Pieces
- 1 Cup of Baby Carrots Cut into Pieces
- 2 Cups of Cooked Brown Rice (Optional) (1 Cup Uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds (Optional for garnish)
- Green Onions (Optional for garnish)
- In a Large Skillet heat 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil and Add Chicken Pieces.
- Cook Chicken until evenly browned, then Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in Soy Sauce, Minced Garlic, Ginger, Honey, Sesame Oil, Salt (if using Coconut Aminos), Pepper, and Onion Powder.
- Bring to a Boil and then Reduce and Simmer 4-5 minutes on Medium Heat.
- Add in Vegetables and Chicken and Cook on Medium-High Heat for approx. 15 Minutes.
- Serve alone in a bowl or with Brown Rice or over Cauliflower Rice for a Low Carb Option.
- Garnish with Sesame Seeds and Green Onions (Optional).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1178mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 39g